Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Kaleidoscope Festival have announced Basement Jaxx and The Divine Comedy - same dates as Glastonbury. 

Could there be some share here? Hope so - love the new Divine Comedy LP. 

https://www.goldenplec.com/festivals/kaleidoscope-2020/

Looks like Tom Odell managed the hop over the Irish sea to do it last year... 

35 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That and the fact that when they did it in (I want to say) 2016 (?) the consensus seemed to be that they stank the place out.

30 minutes ago, Quark said:

I concur. Boring as you like.

Unbelievable how boring it was considering the sum of all of its parts (all the guest vocalists etc).

27 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Kaleidoscope Festival have announced Basement Jaxx and The Divine Comedy - same dates as Glastonbury. 

Wanted to see Divine Comedy at Glasto for ages - great live band.

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's all been downhill (musically) for Disclosure since that first EP. need more bangerz and less dull lounge-house written for collabing with pop singers.

still though, they'd be fine as a "dancey" Other headliner opposite Macca.

not too many big dance acts that could do it this year apart from possibly Prodigy, or a random DJ.

Orbital? Lot of chat about them being back for the 50th

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

it's all been downhill (musically) for Disclosure since that first EP. need more bangerz and less dull lounge-house written for collabing with pop singers.

still though, they'd be fine as a "dancey" Other headliner opposite Macca.

not too many big dance acts that could do it this year apart from possibly Prodigy, or a random DJ.

I'd like Massive Attack to come back.

Or with the new live show, Orbital could come back and their stock has increased a bit since they played West Holts, same with Justice.

45 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Basement Jaxx actually performing live is very exciting and something I would love and would not miss on the farm! John Peel or WH headline?

Just now, stuie said:

I'd like Massive Attack to come back.

Or with the new live show, Orbital could come back and their stock has increased a bit since they played West Holts, same with Justice.

Have Justice gone up though? They did WH off the back of Woman, no new material since then unless I've missed it?

Loved them, but not sure I'd say they're any bigger than they were in '17

I guess Orbital could do it, I wouldn't really have them as being that big anymore in my head. I'd have them around the same as Underworld, who did WH a few years back. having said that, I think Underworld coulds have done the Other against a contrasting Pyramid headliner.

Orbital wouldn't be doing big outdoor shows like Chems or Prodigy, but they'd have as much of a crowd as plenty of recent Other headliners I suppose. they're very far from headliner level these days though, if we're putting emphasis on Emily's comments.

Edited by ghostdancer1

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

Have Justice gone up though? They did WH off the back of Woman, no new material since then unless I've missed it?

Loved them, but not sure I'd say they're any bigger than they were in '17

Probably not actually, I think that’s just in my head. Prob too soon to come back too. 

18 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'd have them around the same as Underworld, who did WH a few years back. having said that, I think Underworld coulds have done the Other against a contrasting headliner

Underworld could be a possible? Playing Wembley Arena this weekend with a new show.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Orbital? Lot of chat about them being back for the 50th

Would be shocked if Orbital are not there in some capacity.

I wouldn't exactly be crazy about it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fat Boy Slim as an Other headliner, lots of Glastonbury pedigree, still sells out shows, maybe Emily has given him the big dance slot.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

I wouldn't exactly be crazy about it but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fat Boy Slim as an Other headliner, lots of Glastonbury pedigree, still sells out shows, maybe Emily has given him the big dance slot.

After subbing JPT in 2016 and doing The Glade last year as an announced slot, I can't see it happening.

If he wants to tick off every stage at Glastonbury then I can definitely see him opening the Pyramid. Would get a huge crowd, the sort of special guest slot we could see down the running order - massive name, friend of the festival etc and would no doubt love to do it.

13 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

I was going to suggest that as well. If they're desperate for a dance act for the Other, he's a really easy and dependable option.

Edited by jparx

12 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

After subbing JPT in 2016 and doing The Glade last year as an announced slot, I can't see it happening.

If he wants to tick off every stage at Glastonbury then I can definitely see him opening the Pyramid. Would get a huge crowd, the sort of special guest slot we could see down the running order - massive name, friend of the festival etc and would no doubt love to do it.

I don't think he would open the Pyramid, if he's going to be doing a bigger stage (i.e. not Arcadia/glade/JP) it's gonna be at night to suit his usually large production style. 

That being said, I do agree with you, it's definitely a swing but I do really think (pure conjecture) Emily has booked a dance headliner for one night at the Other and I don't think it's gonna be Chems, Orbital, LCD or Justice. That being said, I would absolutely love for it to be one of them. 

Really doubt they'll put FBS that high up.  If he was a rarer sighting then the heritage thing and back catalogue would outweigh the lack of any recent output and he might get away with it.

As it stands he's got that combination of no new stuff (no albums since Palookaville, 3 singles since 2013) and being a regular at the fest. It's almost impossible not to see him.

Friend of the fest, legend and all the rest of it, but I don't see them giving him a headline slot on the second stage for the 50th.

19 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

I don't think he would open the Pyramid, if he's going to be doing a bigger stage (i.e. not Arcadia/glade/JP) it's gonna be at night to suit his usually large production style. 

That being said, I do agree with you, it's definitely a swing but I do really think (pure conjecture) Emily has booked a dance headliner for one night at the Other and I don't think it's gonna be Chems, Orbital, LCD or Justice. That being said, I would absolutely love for it to be one of them. 

Can't see it happening for the reasons Quark has eloquently explained. 

As for opening the Pyramid, sure it'd be a different sort of production but I could certainly seeing him want to jump at that sort of opportunity. His only realistic chance of playing the Pyramid and he'd no doubt be doing it in front of 50,000+ people and would make a Fatboy Slim set at Glastonbury special rather than another one of his hundreds of other sets elsewhere.