Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

6 hours ago, John the Moth said:

Tyler the Creator headlining Lovebox and Parklife on 13th/14th June.

Although I suppose his reputation for alleged intolerance may not help his chances of being invited to play Glasto.

Can’t say I know much about him to be honest though.

He's not intolerant at all. His older albums included satirical homophobia, largely as a result of him dealing with his own homosexuality.

Tyler's suits the festival, has played before. It just depends if he'd accept subbing Other, as I think he'd expect to headline.

But given he stunk up JP last time, I think he'll be open to subbing Other.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

really? he's a pretty niche act. wouldn't have him anywhere near the Pyramid, and wouldn't have said he'd have the casual interest to be Other headliner. plenty bigger acts have played further down the Other, which is where i'd have him, maybe 2nd or 3rd down, or more likely headlining WH/JP.

He's definitely not niche. He tried to hold a surprise show in Peckham this year that had to be cancelled because too many people showed up. 

Tyler's huge, last two albums been commercial and criticall successes, his clothing line is big, regularly headlines festivals all over the world.

Tyler, The Creator, and A$AP Rocky headlining the Saturday and Sunday of Longitude in Ireland (Kendrick is headlining the Friday).

Fancy Tyler to be at the farm, little less certain on A$AP, think he might be too expensive for someone who's not going to be a Pyramid headliner.

IMG_20191206_133558.jpg

IMG_20191206_133600.jpg

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Doesn't sound like The Strokes are doing Glastonbury based on a snippet from 6 music just now. Drummer said they'd rather play some smaller shows than big festivals. 

Bit odd that as they're usually all about £££, assumed they'd be after as much cash per gig and a shorter tour. Would have thought they'd have preferred the headliner fees and their own big gigs. Unless they're talking about doing some arena dates.

Maybe they are serious about potentially touring properly and perhaps new music too. 

Still hoping for an Other headline or Pyramid sub slot, I know there's next to no chance of it happening but if Aerosmith can sub then why the hell not.

I'd rather The Strokes came to Manchester than played Glastonbury

Could see Tyler headlining the Other stage (imagine saying that 3 years ago!), I hope it doesn't happen though as the obvious day to put him on would be Saturday.

Good opinions should be given in 3s soo... Give Avril Lavigne the Katy Perry slot ya cowards

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

He's not intolerant at all. His older albums included satirical homophobia, largely as a result of him dealing with his own homosexuality.

Tyler's suits the festival, has played before. It just depends if he'd accept subbing Other, as I think he'd expect to headline.

I’m always happy to be corrected (yeah that’s right, I don’t follow the rules of social media) so thanks for that.

As I said I don’t know much about the guy, I just remember the headlines, which I don’t necessarily trust. That is why I very deliberately said ‘alleged’.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MaxPower said:

I’m always happy to be corrected (yeah that’s right, I don’t follow the rules of social media) so thanks for that.

As I said I don’t know much about the guy, I just remember the headlines, which I don’t necessarily trust. That is why I very deliberately said ‘alleged’.

5 hours ago, UEF said:

Beach Boys

JUN14
LondonUnited Kingdom
Live At Chelsea at The Royal Hospital Chelsea
JUN19
OsloNorway
Tjuvholmen Kro Hamar
JUL28
Elk Grove VillageIL, USA
Elk Grove Village Green

Without Brian Wilson which means it wouldnt be worth wacthing Mike Love and some people. 

and Tyler not belonging on the Pyramid sounds mad? Last time I checked Run The Jewels played the Pyramid in 2017? So whats the difference here? Is It cause one of them has a caucasian on stage?  

I think Tyler has some thoughts

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I’ve seen she’s popped up on a couple of US festivals too. I think she’d be a great addition to the festival. Where do you think she would play? I find it hard to place her on the lineup.

Could put her late afternoon on West Holts similar to Lizzo’s set time this year and she could pull a crowd. 

Don’t really see Gwen Stefani popping up as I imagine she’d want quite a bit slot on the Pyramid and there probably isn’t any room for her/much demand from the festival to get her. Could always be a bit of a ‘didn’t see that coming’ booking, especially if they’re trying for a better gender split, but don’t see it myself. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Don’t really see Gwen Stefani popping up as I imagine she’d want quite a bit slot on the Pyramid and there probably isn’t any room for her/much demand from the festival to get her. Could always be a bit of a ‘didn’t see that coming’ booking, especially if they’re trying for a better gender split, but don’t see it myself. 

So what ladies do we think we have on the pyramid already?  I’m going with:

Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, HAIM, Dido, Rita Ora, Zara Larsson, Dua Lipa

21 acts on the pyramid last year so I’d think they’d want a couple more too. 

I also think there’ll be high positions for Wolf Alice and Charlie XCX on other stages

23 minutes ago, sisco said:

So what ladies do we think we have on the pyramid already?  I’m going with:

Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, HAIM, Dido, Rita Ora, Zara Larsson, Dua Lipa

21 acts on the pyramid last year so I’d think they’d want a couple more too. 

I also think there’ll be high positions for Wolf Alice and Charlie XCX on other stages

Can add Lana Del Rey to that list if the bit of info @Matt42 got proves to be true.