Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

She'd be a Horlicks Stage job I reckon, although someone more au fait with her live might tell me that's nonsense

Aw man, wasted in there. I've seen her a couple of times live and she's incredible. Just can't think where she would fit. Horlicks might be it but meh. 

Sinead was on the Acoustic Stage last time she played, 10ish years ago (would've been one of 2007 to 2011 and I'm too busy to go back checking). I've got it in my head that she was sub headlining but that makes no sense so is probably just me remembering it wrong.

I walked out on her - I was right at the back and thought it was dull as anything with her totally failing to connect with the crowd. A friend of mine was reasonably near the front and thought it was the best thing ever, so I'm not sure that a larger stage would be the right choice?

2 minutes ago, incident said:

Sinead was on the Acoustic Stage last time she played, 10ish years ago (would've been one of 2007 to 2011 and I'm too busy to go back checking). I've got it in my head that she was sub headlining but that makes no sense so is probably just me remembering it wrong.

I walked out on her - I was right at the back and thought it was dull as anything with her totally failing to connect with the crowd. A friend of mine was reasonably near the front and thought it was the best thing ever, so I'm not sure that a larger stage would be the right choice?

Put her on early in the day and you'll have tens of thousands of people standing around waiting for NC2U.

20 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

She doesn't do it though. So they'll be waiting in vain. 

Really?  Shocked at this.  Imagine going to see her at Glasto and her not performing NC2U!

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Really?  Shocked at this.  Imagine going to see her at Glasto and her not performing NC2U!

My mistake. I've looked it up and it would seem she has taken to performing it again. So fingers crossed she's on the farm and will give the crowd what they want. 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

I kinda like it when bands do that tbh. Like when James wouldn't play Sit Down, and left loads of people at t'Other spluttering in confusion.

I'm all for festival sets being hit-heavy, but I love some of that bloody minded spirit when they refuse to play "that one song"

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

I kinda like it when bands do that tbh. Like when James wouldn't play Sit Down, and left loads of people at t'Other spluttering in confusion.

I'm all for festival sets being hit-heavy, but I love some of that bloody minded spirit when they refuse to play "that one song"

Or 'She's a star' !! Wtf ;-)

I do agree with you but Sinead not playing "that one song" that's the reason everyone even knows her would be a shame!

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Like when Shakey refused to play This Ole House despite a fan carrying a real old house with him through the crowd

• Upvote 1