Gnomicide

Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2020

This will probably disappear as no-one else announces dates for months but we already have Green Day (along with Weezer and Fall Out Boy)...Screenshot_20190911-101117_Chrome.thumb.jpg.35027b5b35ce6dad3bd24baf40f594f7.jpg

and now Pet Shop Boys.

Screenshot_20190911-100325_Chrome.thumb.jpg.11902b8ee48c8f9d83fad7780627847d.jpg

Anyone else?

No poster or handy tweet yet, but Tom Robinson is on 70th birthday UK tour from 6th May to 30th May 2020.  Tour ending at the start of the festival season, wouldn't be amazed to see him make an appearance.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Randy Newman has put out some early June UK dates. Not sure what the rest of the month brings.

That would fit. Can see him being a booking.

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Randy Newman has put out some early June UK dates. Not sure what the rest of the month brings.

That would be interesting! Am I right in saying he hasn't played Glastonbury?

24 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

That would be interesting! Am I right in saying he hasn't played Glastonbury?

It certainly hasn’t happened recently. Would be good in a Burt Bacharach type slot, just need to see how the rest of his dates fall because his last UK one is June 10th.

I really don’t get this optimism that Green Day, Fall Out Boy or Weezer are going to play. It would be four nights on the trot.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I really don’t get this optimism that Green Day, Fall Out Boy or Weezer are going to play. It would be four nights on the trot.

What optimism? Most people seem to think it won’t happen.

Editors touring off the back of a greatest hits album

Main tour ends in April in Russia, but dates 22 June Hamburg and 1 June Netherlands announced so still around in the summer from the looks of it

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Highly unlikely for sure....I think we just like to put out there every conceivable act because it's fun to speculate and occasionally we're even right, and it follows a set pattern:

1. So and so is touring around Glastonbury

2. Some say wouldn't that be great...

3. Others say that would be awful

4. Debate on where/when they would play

5. Persistent rumours and they're 'R' on efests

6. Ends up being The Killers/Coldplay/Radiohead/Chemical Bros anyway

7. Restart rumour for following year...

(I've deliberately not gone to 9.)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I know there's far more to him than this and he has a lengthy and illustrious career. But all I can think is

23 hours ago, dentalplan said:

It certainly hasn’t happened recently. Would be good in a Burt Bacharach type slot, just need to see how the rest of his dates fall because his last UK one is June 10th.

Playing Paris on June 23rd, so a trip back over for Glastonbury seems possible.

On 9/11/2019 at 1:37 PM, dentalplan said:

Perfect Glastonbury booking for me.  The sort of act I'd never see anywhere else.

26 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Ironically, he didn’t write ‘I Write The Songs’, the lying bastard.

Technically he’s not really lying as he’s not singing ‘I Wrote This Song’  and he did co-write Copacabana. Why the hell I'm sticking up for him I’ll never know! 

38 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Technically he’s not really lying as he’s not singing ‘I Wrote This Song’  and he did co-write Copacabana. Why the hell I'm sticking up for him I’ll never know! 

Still fairly ironic given how many of his hits away from Copacabana were actually written by others.