The 'I'm not doing any work' Thread

barkley87

I am beginning to feel like I made a serious error because I planned loads of work stuff for this week on the basis that if I kept busy the agonising  week before Glasto that feels about 5251428949465 hours long would go by in a flash... however I seem to just be not doing my work and doing Glasto prep and I’ve got 2 presentations and a report to write by COB tomorrow in preparation for meetings Wednesday and Thursday... 

Struggling to do anything productive now. Seem to be spending more time on the BBC weather - Pilton and webcam pages than anything work related. I had planned to 'work from home' the Wednesday after the festival (watch Iplayer) but I've just been told that's no longer an option now. Kick in the teeth

I've pretty much condensed my working week in to "finishing" on Thursday.

That'll leave me with Friday to do ermmm not a lot and Monday might as well not even be there in work terms as I intend on listening to Worthy FM all day.

Oh, and i've even scheduled in a read if the ninja twix story at some point :lol:

2 minutes ago, gherkin8r said:

I flew to London this morning and have just literally arrived at the client office.

And immediately came and hid in the toilet where I am now. 

That is some dedicated skiving. 

I've got a busy day of auditing, interviews, getting ready to induct 3 new staff tomorrow and sorting out the petty cash for the services.  So naturally I'm spending more time here than any of my actual duties.  

Having my manager on holiday (and thus having the office completely to myself) is both a blessing and a curse.  I really need her breathing down my neck so I don't waste my day on here.  

Ah well.. There's worse ways to spend the day

I don’t have enough time to properly get in the right frame of mind, think it’ll only become a reality when I drive off on Monday.

Just done a 14 hour day volunteering at the India vs Pakistan Cricket World Cup match and I’m as tired as if it were the Monday after Glastonbury. 

Edited by Avalon_Fields

I had to travel down to Coventry today (from Aberdeen) for work - here most of the week, then fly back up the road at end of week.....

To then (clearly) drive back down again this direction next week - I didnt plan that very well did I!

39 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

My productivity has fallen to dangerously low levels (around 3.5) and I'm spending all of my time on here rather than working. I can't concentrate on 2020 budgets when Glastonbury is just around the corner. Who's with me?!

What % of your time is spent texting me about the weather?

In some ways, it can make me more productive...but only insofar as I get into work in the morning and think "ok let's get on and get my 'work' out of the way as fast as possible so I can clear time for obsessing over Glastonbury". (Amazing how much you can get though in a short amount of time when motivated) ...So basically I'm coasting on the bare minimum until I'm out of office. Thankfully it coincides with a quiet period at work for me.