The 'I'm not doing any work' Thread

barkley87

What a week I've had, our uni supercomputer has been down since Monday so I've been able to do nothing, was hoping to finish some last few bits before glasto. Got an email from my supervisor this morning asking when I'm available next week as I need to squeeze in my upgrade viva, Monday being the only option atm. Looks like I'm doing a weeks worth of work and prepping for a viva in a weekend (with Foals on Friday as well) ???

1 minute ago, grilladelphia said:

I cant believe I still have to do today/tmro & mon/tues/weds at work! productivity levels through the floor - concentration can only be held for Glastonbury related doings...

The closest I've got to doing work today was opening up outlook and replying to an email about how one of the people I'm interviewing is going to Glastonbury and how it won't be appropriate to conduct the interview there.

Then I bumped into one of my colleagues who's going to Glastonbury for the first time so was able to give him a few tips as well as reassure him about the weather and ground conditions (Thank you @deebeedoobee, the stick, BIG DOG, and @briddj!).  Seeing his excitement has gave mine a boost, not that it was waning in any way.  I really think I could explode!

Wait, no.  Thats all the coffee.

Hit me today. Been pretty good this year, now I can’t even think about anything else. Plus the IT is having a hissy fit so that’s me pretty much done. Back to checking forecasts on my phone....

The sound of the current panel discussion runs on mics not properly set up. It’s just a general hum in my ears...

I have thus reverted to more productive things: identified a print shop open till late kind of on way home and obtained a decent jam jar picture...

If they can make me a t-shirt until Tuesday, our State of the Ground thread will have a walking homage this year...

54 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

I’d 100% be on some form of disciplinary if my work ever tracked how much of my day was spent on this forum. 

Just had my monthly performance catch up, and my boss says I'm doing a great job at the moment and he's really impressed.

Clearly he's not looked over at my screen at any point this week then...

• Upvote 1

Apparently work can track our internet usage and what sites we are on - just not true or I would be out on my ear by now.

mcshit thread

weather thread 

hacks thread 

weather thread

campervan ticket thread ( not got a van )

weather thread

glastocam thread

Weather thread 

state of the ground thread

repeat.....

9 hours ago, grilladelphia said:

I cant believe I still have to do today/tmro & mon/tues/weds at work! productivity levels through the floor - concentration can only be held for Glastonbury related doings...

Feel your pain..... I did work like a firecracker today though. Got all my shit done so I can fanny around next week looking at the web cam and weather thread.