Glasto Leave

Aragorn

For fucks sakes. This thread... Dreading the aftermath now.

Had my stag do the other week, took me until the Thursday to feel normal after getting fairly medical on the Fri/Sat... Not too fussed on the night terrors, it's the midweek manic depression I cant handle, arriving just in time for me going back to work on the Wednesday. ??

1 hour ago, AmyShambles said:

Credit to you, that must be hell. I thought being back in at 8am on the Tuesday was bad.

24 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I am in awe!

I essentially had a choice this year - either Wednesday or Monday. I'm not allowed to go in a Wednesday again because of work so that's what I went with! 

In 2007 we left, covered in mud, and thoroughly miserable, on the Monday morning, went straight to Heathrow and flew back to Moscow at about 1630. We must have looked a right fucking sight shambling through the airport, and I’ll be honest, i’m astonished Russian immigration let us in, caked head to toe in mud, wide eyed with exhaustion, hallucinating wildly.

A friend of ours had literally one of the worst entries back to reality the last time around.

Left in the early ams of Sunday night/Monday morning and then drove 5 or so hours to Holyhead to get a Ferry to Dublin. Arrived to Dublin’s Monday morning traffic, went straight in to work and, believe it or not, had an interview for another job later that afternoon/evening.

Needless to say, she did not get the job but my god I admired her grit.

Me, it’s annual leave from Friday before until Thursday after with a hotel in Bristol on either side of the festival.

29 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

The night terrors are the worst. Where you feel like you're having out of body experiences, or think there are people in the room and you have sleep paralysis. Yuk. Had this after Glasto 2016 particularly badly, but also Shambala this year and glade a few years ago. After Glasto 2014 I had milder night terrors, but a fever for 2-3 days and was still bed ridden. 

After Glasto 2017 I somehow managed to avoid any nightmares, and was even come down free and was basically on a high for the following five days. It was great!

This year I have a new job starting in June, and I think I'm going to have to go back to work on the Tuesday. I need to somehow figure out how I achieved the post-2017 state, rather than the 2014 or 2016 shambles 

It’s so strange isn’t it. I’ve gone just as wild the past 6 times I’ve been but only had the night terrors like that once. I really hope you don’t get them this year if you’re back on Tuesday. Good luck! 

Weirdly comforting to know a few of you on here have had them too. At the time I thought my mind was unraveling. Probably was after what I put it though for 5 days ?

Edited by lobo

I finish on the Tuesday drive down to Leeds to stay with my folks and then me and dad go very early Wednesday morning. 

I go back to work the tuesday after the festival for 4 days then off the following week to do 3 gigs that week, Elbow and The National in Manchester and then down to London for Neil Young / Bob Dylan at Hyde Park!

1 hour ago, jonnyisRFC said:

I’ll finish work on the Tuesday and go back on the Tuesday too! I find keeping busy is the best cure for post Glastonbury blues and speeds up the recovery from alcohol/lack of sleep and other things! 

I'm with you. Used to go back Wednesday but didn't find it makes it any easier and I just mope about on the Tuesday. Feels a waste of a day off. Mind you I don't hit it as hard as some of you any more (although I have had sleep paralysis and night terrors in the past so my sympathies!).

I did once go back to work on the Monday after a festival but that was Supernormal, which is tiny and an easy train ride away. Got back to London about midday, showered and in work by 2pm as I had deadlines to meet. Stayed until 8pm. Was a shit day.

On a happier note I actually bloody love the Tuesday at work before Glastonbury. No work gets done, this place gets hammered, early stories of people on site and a bag of butterflies in my stomach. Nothing quite like it!

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

For the first time ever, I've booked off Monday and Tuesday after the festival. Always headed back on the Tuesday before due to various meetings / conferences.... 

Not. This. Year. 

Bestival 2010 I went back to work on the Tuesday to a new job. New office, new boss, managing a new team. And Bestival had been pretty heavy... I'm still not sure how I did it. 

Straight back to the desk Tuesday to state emptily into space while people ask me if I saw the pyramid headliners and when I say no they say who did you see? And I say I saw a man dressed as the devil playing the banjo inside a giant bubble thing which was good......they just don’t understand  

Normally I'm off Wednesday to Wednesday but this year I've got the entire week off when I get back. Fly to Vegas on the Sunday after the festival for a mates 40th for a weeks partying so I really need to get over Glastonbury before I set off for sin city.

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Straight back to the desk Tuesday to state emptily into space while people ask me if I saw the pyramid headliners and when I say no they say who did you see? And I say I saw a man dressed as the devil playing the banjo inside a giant bubble thing which was good......they just don’t understand  

Laughed at this because the one question you are always asked is "who was the best act you saw" and when you say (2016) "Lekiddo Lord of the Lobster" or (2014) Will and the People in the Bimble Inn, they look at you and wonder whether you were really at that Glastonbury they see on the telly at all.