Beer (in cans) recommendation.

Rufus Gwertigan

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

A21F9C2D-3465-4CDC-91AB-FB7B5C8BDC2E.thumb.jpeg.7fbd2ee2312eed8bf95db6de0cce80b2.jpegco-op own brand beers and cider anyone? 

Slightly late to the party here but...the top right pack appears to say 2.5% by volume. Given that they are likely to be charging upwards of £6 for a four pack and water on site is free this seems like a false economy. 

54 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Beavertown's lovely blood orange IPA Bloody 'Ell is back, available in cans, and now at a more sessionable 5.5% (previously 7.2%).

They dropped the ABV? Interesting.

Used to be huge fan of Syren, but I can't get their stuff over here any more - and it is all in bottles. Wylam on the other hand mate. Have they made anything that isnt elite of the elite? Their brewing team should be on a police watch list. Evil geniuses.

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Beavertown's lovely blood orange IPA Bloody 'Ell is back, available in cans, and now at a more sessionable 5.5% (previously 7.2%).

I fully blame you for the fact I've just ordered a selection of their beers, as I went to their site to look at this.

They didn't even have the Bloody 'Ell in their shop either!!

Free shipping offer at the moment though, so at least I saved some money...

On 4/18/2019 at 9:53 AM, Havors said:

All lager is going to be like drinking piss when warm...  I stick to Cider, Desperado (slightly better when warm than lager) or a fruit flavoured craft ale. 

I take a big coolermaster cooler which keeps my lager cold until saturday so I get through that first then move onto the cider. 

A Cooler Master, you say?

Unorthodox.

2-mc500p.png

On 4/23/2019 at 8:59 AM, ripcurl85 said:

Slightly late to the party here but...the top right pack appears to say 2.5% by volume. Given that they are likely to be charging upwards of £6 for a four pack and water on site is free this seems like a false economy. 

Bit close to the Brixton logo, int it.

Image result for brixton brewery

36 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Accidentally drank my Glastonbury Brewdog beer stash over the Easter break, instead of directly replacing it I'm considering moving to mainly spirits with a couple of cans of tasty stouts/porters for the mornings.

"Accidentally" :lol:

On 3/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, balti-pie said:

?? I’ve not had a bash of that but I really can’t imagine it’s too enjoyable. The strongest beer I’ve had was an Evil Twin Bozo Beer at 17% and it was bloody hard work just having half a can - that’s twice the strength! I’d far rather drink rum, because rum is the answer to pretty much every late night question 

I usually take an over proof rum with me. Something like Woods 100 or Pussers. Around 57% hits the spot. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Accidentally drank my Glastonbury Brewdog beer stash over the Easter break, instead of directly replacing it I'm considering moving to mainly spirits with a couple of cans of tasty stouts/porters for the mornings.

I feel sure that it must have been well over 1 or two cans but I may well be wrong

On 4/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, Wooderson said:

They dropped the ABV? Interesting.

Used to be huge fan of Syren, but I can't get their stuff over here any more - and it is all in bottles. Wylam on the other hand mate. Have they made anything that isnt elite of the elite? Their brewing team should be on a police watch list. Evil geniuses.

Good to hear Wylam being bigged up. Obviously its fairly popular around these parts but I wasn't aware they'd spread their wings so far. Jakehead is a beast of a drink.

Tenuous link but Eavis the senior was spotted in Wylam last year visiting family.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Livers3 said:

Not sure if anyone has spotted this but Bath Ales have just brought out their Landsdown and Gem beers in 440ml cans and they are in Tesco on offer for 8 cans for £9 at the moment.

https://bathales.com/blog/2019/04/bath-ales-toasts-new-uk-wide-listings-in-tesco-stores/

Gem-Cans.jpg

Thank you, my life is now complete ???

On 4/26/2019 at 11:51 AM, Wooderson said:

Wylam on the other hand mate. Have they made anything that isnt elite of the elite? Their brewing team should be on a police watch list. Evil geniuses.

I've only tried a couple of their strong IPAs, will have to investigate further.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:30 PM, Greenelk said:

I fully blame you for the fact I've just ordered a selection of their beers, as I went to their site to look at this.

They didn't even have the Bloody 'Ell in their shop either!!

Free shipping offer at the moment though, so at least I saved some money...

Yeah all my fault! I'm less of a fan of theirs now that they seem to have gotten into bed with the twin evils of Heineken and Tottenham Hotspur, but a reduced strength Bloody 'Ell might be too good to refuse.

1 minute ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've only tried a couple of their strong IPAs, will have to investigate further.

Yeah all my fault! I'm less of a fan of theirs now that they seem to have gotten into bed with the twin evils of Heineken and Tottenham Hotspur, but a reduced strength Bloody 'Ell might be too good to refuse.

I was having a real problem with ordering from them due to the Spurs link, but realised that was madness when their beer is so good.  4 cans of Bloody 'Ell ordered today, which meant free shipping again, looking forward to trying it!

Another vote for anything by Wylam. I first had their stuff at the Leeds Beer Festival about 2 years ago and have not come across a bad one since. It helps also going to Newcastle for work occasionally. Also liking Northern Monk. In the non-chinstroking hipster beer section, I like Tanglefoot and Bishop's Finger.