Beer (in cans) recommendation.

Rufus Gwertigan

1 hour ago, daclown28 said:

My local sells them 4 cans for 6£ the same guy owns a bargain booze in town so I'm guessing a generic wholesaler or even bookers may stock them. But it's an expensive beer

It is mate but it is going to be my festival indulgance. There are only so many warm Stellas you can drink.

2 hours ago, djdavejohnson said:

Not sure if already covered previously in this thread, but can anybody recommend decent alcohol-free beer? Anyone know of crafty / IPA types?

Big Drop are a craft NA brewery. From what I have heard most people seem to get on best with the NA weissbeers like Erdinger, but you don't get them in cans. Adnams do a 0.5% version of Ghost Ship too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eastynh said:

Anyone know where you can get crates of Desperado for less than £40

https://www.drinksupermarket.com/desperados-premium-tequila-lager-24x-500ml?gclid=Cj0KCQjwtr_mBRDeARIsALfBZA6PZl1g-3O45eS84rqVUJYo21796qO71993JdlRBmceCH8FR1oFDCoaAo4gEALw_wcB

Literally just under £40, I'll check the wholesale price next time I'm there for work if you want?

17 hours ago, Tuna said:

Big Drop are a craft NA brewery. From what I have heard most people seem to get on best with the NA weissbeers like Erdinger, but you don't get them in cans. Adnams do a 0.5% version of Ghost Ship too. 

That's great thanks for the recommendation - I've just been having a nosy! Some good choices there ?

18 hours ago, Tuna said:

Big Drop are excellent for 0.5%, their pale ales in particular, but only in bottles AFAIK. Erdinger, Innis and some of the lagers come in cans.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Big Drop are excellent for 0.5%, their pale ales in particular, but only in bottles AFAIK. Erdinger, Innis and some of the lagers come in cans.

ah yeah, for some reason I thought Big Drop were in cans - apologies. 

On 5/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, simonizer said:

I'm looking for American style IPA in 500ml cans , can't find any at all . Any ideas ?

Sorry to be a twat but when you say 'American' what do you mean? Can you give us something for comparison? Assume you mean more West Coasty.. 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:03 AM, Brave Sir Robin said:

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

If 0.5% crafty types are of interest, https://www.beermerchants.com/lervig-no-worries/

Thanking you both for the info, seems there's a lot more choice than I initially thought! 

1 hour ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Is that in Leeds? I'm after some but you don't often see it in cans out of the South West.

Yes- the Waitrose in Meanwood in Leeds  but on their website too so maybe could be delivered

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/products/tribute-ale-of-cornwall/500224-70675-70676

They also had Doom Bar in cans but they weren't on offer

• Like 1

Someone bought me a pint from a bar at Glastonbury once, saying this is the one they recommend. It was 3.1%.  I'm pretty sure that after I finished it I was more sober than when I started.   Who's got time for a 3.1% beer at a festival?

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Tuna said:

Sorry to be a twat but when you say 'American' what do you mean? Can you give us something for comparison? Assume you mean more West Coasty.. 

for example, something akin to Shipyard or Goose Island. And yes , West coasty is bang on

5 minutes ago, simonizer said:

for example, something akin to Shipyard or Goose Island. And yes , West coasty is bang on

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goose-Island-Midway-Session-IPA/dp/B07F5MND32/ref=sr_1_156_sspa?crid=2TJWE6HWXTZ34&keywords=beer+cans&qid=1557606800&s=gateway&sprefix=beer+cans%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-156-spons&psc=1 

Was considering buying these for my husband. Don't know if it's good but reviews on beer sites seem to rate it between 3.5-3.8 out of 5 which is reasonable. 

8 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Goose-Island-Midway-Session-IPA/dp/B07F5MND32/ref=sr_1_156_sspa?crid=2TJWE6HWXTZ34&keywords=beer+cans&qid=1557606800&s=gateway&sprefix=beer+cans%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-156-spons&psc=1 

Was considering buying these for my husband. Don't know if it's good but reviews on beer sites seem to rate it between 3.5-3.8 out of 5 which is reasonable. 

It's a good beer , I've found many in 330ml cans but struggling to find 500 or 440ml

• 1 year later...
On 3/22/2019 at 9:56 PM, Pinrut said:

Sorry if Im speaking out of order as I'm now going to mention a canned cider.

Lidl sell a Devon scrumpy for about £2,80 (probs a tad less) for a four pack of 440ml.

This is actually being missold as it is made in (well, at least fermented in) Somerset. Made by Sheppys but without their branding.

6.00% and absolutely delicious. 

Trust me on this, worth risking £2.80 next time you are passing a Lidl just to find out. 

Just returned from Lidl with the shocking news that our favourite Devonshire scrumpy has now been renamed Somerset Scrumpy Cider, I was perturbed to notice that the can was different to the old batch and was in fact identical to the Mallets cans. (ring pull batch/date codes).

I suspect they have changed supplier and this is now not Sheppys, however the taste is the same (to me at least) so all is good, it's a slightly darker colour too, but i guess that may vary batch to batch anyway. Any insider info Pinrut/Dusty/James?