Beer (in cans) recommendation.

Rufus Gwertigan

17 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Is there a better brewery than Wylam right now? Cloudwater seem to have lost their mojo.

In the UK? Deya (of course), Track, Verdant, Left Handed Giant all putting out very excellent stuff atm. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Sorry if it's been discussed already, but can anyone recommend some gluten free tinnies?

Of the crafty lot Magic Rock fantasma is probably the easiest to find - it's part of their core range - won't be the cheapest thing to drink in bulk tho. Northern Monk has just released a new one as part of their core range, not tried it though, similar ballpark price I assume. 

If anyone owns EFP shares in Brewdog, you can get 12 cans of Lost Lager on the online store for £7ish before discount! Might be worth stocking up, BB date is August apparently.

Seen a few discussing some of the great craft breweries of the moment. Is anyone aware of a meetup happening for craft beer obsessives?

Edited by ScarletBlaster
Extra para
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jfaragher said:

Tesco this weekend had 6 Packs of Pistonhead Kustom / Flat Tire (not the alcohol free...)/ Full Amber - £8 or 2 for £9.  Its not the best, but its a bargain at that price.

I bought some of this yesterday. Also got some Belhaven grapefruit and mango IPA for 70p a can (330) as the sell by date was July. Not the best flavoured IPA I've had but light and easy to drink. Not the right forum but Tesco also had some half price offers on standard camping stuff. 

16 hours ago, ScarletBlaster said:

If anyone owns EFP shares in Brewdog, you can get 12 cans of Lost Lager on the online store for £7ish before discount! Might be worth stocking up, BB date is August apparently.

Great spot, thanks! I have had my shares for ages but not bought anything from the online shop. Will get on this :)

Edited by coma girl

1 hour ago, Gingerfish79 said:

whilst the thread is on the topic of craft beer, my current favourite brewery is Neon Raptor in Nottingham. Some amazing brews and decent prices as they look to break into the market. 

Love Neon Raptor but they unfortunately seem to be falling victim to the hype machine. Prices seem to be going up and up recently...

2 hours ago, Gingerfish79 said:

whilst the thread is on the topic of craft beer, my current favourite brewery is Neon Raptor in Nottingham. Some amazing brews and decent prices as they look to break into the market. 

Hate their branding so, so much. Almost as much as Tiny Rebel.

1 hour ago, gratefulbread said:

Almost certainly be getting a couple cartons of the Weston's and a few 4 packs of the Stowford for tent drinks. 

This is in Tesco btw. 

IMG_20190501_095402.jpg

I like that the 4 packs come in cardboard, easy for stacking into the trolley

46 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Anyone know where you can get crates of Desperado for less than £40

My local sells them 4 cans for 6£ the same guy owns a bargain booze in town so I'm guessing a generic wholesaler or even bookers may stock them. But it's an expensive beer

2 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

Not sure if already covered previously in this thread, but can anybody recommend decent alcohol-free beer? Anyone know of crafty / IPA types?

BrewDog Nanny State is 0.5% and pretty good. Not sure about any 0% ones.