2020 headliners

jj200

Can't imagine standing there during All Too Well and thinking "yeah it's good, but damn this would be so much better if she wasn't doing BST next week". 

It's not even like BST is before Glastonbury and we're getting their seconds. Glastonbury is so clearly the focus of their UK shows.

35 minutes ago, gmb1992 said:

Is it a usual thing for the Glasto headliners to also headline BST? 

Is it just me or does it make them seem a little less "special"? 

Maybe 1 but not sure about 2 in the same year, which makes me think it might not be Kendrick! 🙄

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Hot take: I thought their show at the London Stadium two years ago was better than Glastonbury.

Can't comment on the London show, but the Glastonbury show came supplemented with Lisa Fisher, Bobby Keys and Mick Taylor which, as a fan, was something I didn't hate to see.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't comment on the London show, but the Glastonbury show came supplemented with Lisa Fisher, Bobby Keys and Mick Taylor which, as a fan, was something I didn't hate to see.

Different beasts - GF was more about the occasion and sense of history around them finally doing it for me. London they were just fantastic musically.

Could be way off the mark here but was there a thing at one point about a solo Male headliner who hadn’t played before?

Creamfields announced Calvin Harris as a U.K. dance festival exclusive today which is weirdly niche and almost like they’re desperate to claim some kind of exclusive so we know he’s playing somewhere else. Could obviously be TRNSMT, IOW or any other big festival in the U.K. but could it also be Glasto? 

DA4CF739-67D9-4C19-BB48-811BD43699FC.thumb.png.df31d2727d61b2a441899aa17e3bd878.png

6 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Could be way off the mark here but was there a thing at one point about a solo Male headliner who hadn’t played before?

Creamfields announced Calvin Harris as a U.K. dance festival exclusive today which is weirdly niche and almost like they’re desperate to claim some kind of exclusive so we know he’s playing somewhere else. Could obviously be TRNSMT, IOW or any other big festival in the U.K. but could it also be Glasto? 

DA4CF739-67D9-4C19-BB48-811BD43699FC.thumb.png.df31d2727d61b2a441899aa17e3bd878.png

Somebody on a Glastonbury Facebook group claimed to have heard he was headlining Other Stage on the Saturday night a month or so back, so this ‘dance festival exclusive’ adds weight to that. He won’t be headlining the Pyramid.

8 minutes ago, ManLj said:

Other headliner if anything surely rather than Pyramid.

1 hour ago, ManLj said:

Trnsmt and Isle of Wight have announced their headliners.

But he could also play radio 1 big weekend or reading and Leeds.

31 minutes ago, woyski said:

Calvin will be secret set

No chance.

It would be pandemonium wherever he played except Other (or Pyramid).

I can see him in the same vein as Deadmau5 & Skrillex that have played the Other in the past. Which might rule out Massive attack as a headliner.

Edited by Bisque

Just now, Nobody Interesting said:

Has this been discussed and overly thought about on here?

Does Kendrick do 3 nights on the trot - does anyone know what day he is playing Lollapalooza?
No photo description available.

He often did 3, 4 and even 5 nights on the run on his last tour, and I'm not sure what day he's playing there myself but I'm fairly certain it isn't the Friday.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He often did 3, 4 and even 5 nights on the run on his last tour, and I'm not sure what day he's playing there myself but I'm fairly certain it isn't the Friday.

I knew people here would know.

So, nothing to see here..................... move along.