2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Another substantial self-own for The Foals.

You know, I’m not in the band! Or some representative of their fan club, just seems odd how not many people on here know anything about one of the best British bands around who have been consistently great for 14 years now

29 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's Not Living If It's Not With You is a sparkling pop gem. 

Foals enormous new comeback single didn't break the Top 100 and sounds like a Fisher Price drill.  The only time it ever got played on the radio was when Lammo picked up the CD by mistake reaching for a copy of Monster by The Automatic.

Shite you hear on the radio stations like Capital, Radio one and local radio over and over again rarely corresponds to quality. It's all about sales which are usually triggered by a subconscious flicking of certain switches in the brain, hence why a fucking robot can write pop songs. I'm happy you've had your switch flicked.

1 hour ago, ScarletBlaster said:

Still don't understand the hype on Foals. Couldn't name more than 3 of their songs... Then again I don't listen to the radio. 

If songs are popular enough though you should be able to hear them without listening to the radio, all the rap artists big at the minute didn't get their just because people listen to radio 1. Youtube, Spotify etc, are people bothered enough to press play more than once.

1 hour ago, syc_1818 said:

Arctic Monkeys will always be the british band of the 2000s, but 1975 i reckon are for the 2010s i cant overstate how big they are with people in my age and slightly older

Agreed, but if Arctics bring another AM out again they are right back up their headlining their own outdoor venues again, if they do a TBH&C they are probably finished.

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

If songs are popular enough though you should be able to hear them without listening to the radio, all the rap artists big at the minute didn't get their just because people listen to radio 1. Youtube, Spotify etc, are people bothered enough to press play more than once.

Agreed, but if Arctics bring another AM out again they are right back up their headlining their own outdoor venues again, if they do a TBH&C they are probably finished.

disagree, "Finished" Really? i enjoyed TBHC and many people did 

18 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Shite you hear on the radio stations like Capital, Radio one and local radio over and over again rarely corresponds to quality. It's all about sales which are usually triggered by a subconscious flicking of certain switches in the brain, hence why a fucking robot can write pop songs. I'm happy you've had your switch flicked.

Go on then. I can name a dozen belters written by Carole King but not one by Metal fucking Mickey.

Come off it. Arctic Monkeys are one of the biggest bands in the UK - polarising album or not - any festival or gig they book tickets are flying off the shelves.

A stinker album (to some) doesn’t mean a band can’t headline anymore Gazza - I’ve seen you use this logic hundreds of times and I don’t understand your reasoning at all.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well the band didn't scrap the tour extremely early and can it off because they thought it was good, plus many people on the tours just disappeared for the newer stuff, the sale figures for it were horrific!

Did they scrap it early? Pretty sure they played all Europe including festivals, North and South America, Australia...

Personally I think both Foals and 1975 are ordinary as well, basically what mid level bands were doing in the early 00s at small venues. 

But ea h to their own, I wouldnt be too bothered if both headlined as thatll just mean one less clash to worry about for me and I can look to the other stages for something Im into. 

Barely ventured to the pyramid this year and had a great time, some of the smaller stages are great and enjoyed watching random bands in some of the pub stages. 

I think most generations hit a point where what comes after what they liked they find pretty guff, its just getting old and not getting what the youngsters do but I do think its important for them to push new bands to headliner status and give the current scenes a big boost. 

Though Id probably refrain from doing Foals considering they just played this year, let them do 2021 instead so its a bit of a break. 

I think a good balance would be something like 1975, Fleetwood Mac and then Kendrick Lamar for example.  It of a difference between all the headliners, you got your legendary act and then two acts from today with diversity across the genres. 

6 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Did they scrap it early? Pretty sure they played all Europe including festivals, North and South America, Australia...

It was a very short tour compared to usual, 11 months tour completely for a new album, 90 shows at the max. 14 shows on a big arena tour in the UK with two smaller shows and TRNSMT, no outdoor shows. AM has Glastonbury, their own big arena tour, 2 outdoor dates in London, TITP and R&L. Subsequently the album produced the most by a mile since their debut in the UK and was the reason Arctics were finally given a headline shot over in the states. 

10 minutes ago, chatty said:

Personally I think both Foals and 1975 are ordinary as well, basically what mid level bands were doing in the early 00s at small venues. 

But ea h to their own, I wouldnt be too bothered if both headlined as thatll just mean one less clash to worry about for me and I can look to the other stages for something Im into. 

Barely ventured to the pyramid this year and had a great time, some of the smaller stages are great and enjoyed watching random bands in some of the pub stages. 

I think most generations hit a point where what comes after what they liked they find pretty guff, its just getting old and not getting what the youngsters do but I do think its important for them to push new bands to headliner status and give the current scenes a big boost. 

Though Id probably refrain from doing Foals considering they just played this year, let them do 2021 instead so its a bit of a break. 

I think a good balance would be something like 1975, Fleetwood Mac and then Kendrick Lamar for example.  It of a difference between all the headliners, you got your legendary act and then two acts from today with diversity across the genres. 

If you take older indie bands for example in We Are Scientists,  The Cribs , YYYs and Feeder, there are others. I personally think they've produced a better quality of music than either of the bands in question but I grew up in that era

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve said it a million times but can we stop calling Foals a new band.

theyve been playing big slots at festivals for longer than I’ve been attending festivals.

Who’s calling Foals a new band?

You make a lot of strange statements about people saying stuff without anyone actually saying anything...

• Upvote 4