2020 headliners

jj200

27 minutes ago, Quark said:

1975 - not my thing and wouldn't watch them,  but I'd get it

Fleetwood Mac - undeniably a legendary band that have never played before, I'd absolutely get it and might well see them.

Arctic Monkeys - again not really my cup of tea and I wouldn't watch them, but they've not played since 2013 so it's not exactly like we get them every year. I'd get it.

So individually, yes. I could see any one of them headlining.  As a trio?  I'd feel it was pretty...dull tbh.

Dull was my feeling, the last anniversary was going to be U2, Muse and Stevie Wonder...all massive and different at the same. If you have Foals under one of them then take out FM and it could be R&L on any year.

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Dull was my feeling, the last anniversary was going to be U2, Muse and Stevie Wonder...all massive and different at the same. If you have Foals under one of them then take out FM and it could be R&L on any year.

Is this a new game; try and pick 3 headliners that folk would like rather than the old game of suggesting them one at a time?

I like the boldness of the approach and I'll be gobsmacked if there's a trio that gets universal support.

39 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I like the boldness of the approach and I'll be gobsmacked if there's a trio that gets universal support.

There are genuinely too many "never gonna happen" memes and gifs available for me to be able to pick just one to use in response. 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

Considering the Foals vs 1975 is a completely eFestivals created scenario, I love the idea of the 2 bands hearing about it and watching without having to get involved themselves.

foals1975.thumb.JPG.2dd4986844c7413963aa3da42101e7cf.JPG

So you're saying Bradley Cooper will be subbing one of Foals or 1975 then?

Have to say, The 1975 are doing an excellent job at promoting themselves at the minute. Their album isn't out for another 4 months or so and they've just been constantly in the news for what seems like the entire year. Hate to think how much it's going to explode when the record actually arrives.

Anyone questioning their headliner credentials is mental.

Edited by jparx

I’m a very casual fan of foals and really don’t like 1975 but to say that The 1975 are less likely to headline then Foals is ludicrous. They’re probably the biggest band in the UK currently. They sell out huge Arena tours and after headlining Reading & Leeds and doing well apparently I reckon that will see them headline Glasto next year. Foals most likely to sub surely or maybe headline 2021?

Edited by Dronx

17 hours ago, thewayiam said:

It was a very short tour compared to usual, 11 months tour completely for a new album, 90 shows at the max. 14 shows on a big arena tour in the UK with two smaller shows and TRNSMT, no outdoor shows. AM has Glastonbury, their own big arena tour, 2 outdoor dates in London, TITP and R&L. Subsequently the album produced the most by a mile since their debut in the UK and was the reason Arctics were finally given a headline shot over in the states. 

Listen to Arctic Monkeys’ tour manager here.

1 hour ago, Dronx said:

I’m a very casual fan of foals and really don’t like 1975 but to say that The 1975 are less likely to headline then Foals is ludicrous. They’re probably the biggest band in the UK currently. They sell out huge Arena tours and after headlining Reading & Leeds and doing well apparently I reckon that will see them headline Glasto next year. Foals most likely to sub surely or maybe headline 2021?

It’s ludicrous to think that booking a band is as simple as deciding which one to put in your predictions.

14 minutes ago, robillustrates said:

Doubt they would be kept together on the Pyramid or even be the same day.

Three of the best bands in that scene? Surely if Glasto wants to continue to claim to be a rock festival it needs to finally acknowledge the existence of pop-punk. Green Day are about to release album number 14 (or 13 depending on your counting method). They're more than big enough to headline. 

Just now, madmaninabox said:

Three of the best bands in that scene? Surely if Glasto wants to continue to claim to be a rock festival it needs to finally acknowledge the existence of pop-punk. Green Day are about to release album number 14 (or 13 depending on your counting method). They're more than big enough to headline. 

Glastonbury doesn't claim to be a rock festival though?

Just now, madmaninabox said:

It's headliners up to Kanye say otherwise. 

Not really.  I mean, I'm not about to go back over the lists of headliners from the last 50 years, but there's always been a range of bands headlining, let alone across the rest of the festival away from the Pyramid.  Hip hop has been a latecomer to the party (Jay-Z might want a word about your point btw!) but it's definitely not a rock festival. Contemporary Performing Arts is the official tagline.

Don't disagree that Green Day and Weezer could slot in quite happily somewhere though.