Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm happy with the way the bookings stack up.

But if GnR is a middling show, Lizzo will blow 'em off the stage and there'll be no shortage of 'Told you so's in the aftermath.

No one here would say such a thing! 

I saw her on Saturday after only know 2-3 songs and loved every moment of it. 

Amazing energetic performance. I've not seen a crowd into a gig for a long long time (probably going back to Oasis).  

I love Guns n Roses, however they are going to have to bring their A game, otherwise they are going to struggle to follow Lizzo. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

I saw her on Saturday after only know 2-3 songs and loved every moment of it. 

Amazing energetic performance. I've not seen a crowd into a gig for a long long time (probably going back to Oasis).  

I love Guns n Roses, however they are going to have to bring their A game, otherwise they are going to struggle to follow Lizzo. 

My Wife and Stepdaughter were at that gig.  First words out of Mrs 4AM when she got home were "She'll blow GnR out of the water."  Make of that what you will.

I watched an audience cam of a whole show from the US leg. I didn't mean to watch it all but I got sucked right in. Short of a colossal self-own, she's going to be the one everyone's talking about. I can see where a bit could be trimmed from the show without losing the vibe but not a huge amount. How long do we reckon she'll get? I imagine 90mins is too much to hope for but 75 maybe? If Emily's been to the show (she surely has), she knows Lizzo deserves a little bit extra.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

11 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I watched an audience cam of a whole show from the US leg. I didn't mean to watch it all but I got sucked right in. Short of a colossal self-own, she's going to be the one everyone's talking about. I can see where a bit could be trimmed from the show without losing the vibe but not a huge amount. How long do we reckon she'll get? I imagine 90mins is too much to hope for but 75 maybe? If Emily's been to the show (she surely has), she knows Lizzo deserves a little bit extra.

Yeah presume it’ll be 75 mins as normal.  Especially with GNR no doubt having 2-2.15 

2 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Being billed up there with the three headliners she should get extra time 

On 3/10/2023 at 8:44 AM, fraybentos1 said:

I was just taking that from here to be fair, just heard there was standing tix left the other week.

I still think she isn’t big enough and no matter how much Emily says ‘she could headline’ I don’t believe it cause… she didn’t make her headliner. She’s talking pish.

Yeah there was standing tickets and plenty of seats left when I looked last week

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to the latest album loads and she's my singular must see of the festival. Apparently key changes are increasingly a thing of the past.  Well, 2 Be Loved has a great one! It's proper quality pop music.

I fucking love her.

Edit: I know it wasn't a number one, so wouldn't affect that graph, but it bloody well should have done.

key-change-1090x565.png

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've been listening to the latest album loads and she's my singular must see of the festival. Apparently key changes are increasingly a thing of the past.  Well, 2 Be Loved has a great one! It's proper quality pop music.

I fucking love her.

Edit: I know it wasn't a number one, so wouldn't affect that graph, but it bloody well should have done.

key-change-1090x565.png

Because I know people are dying to hear my musical analysis, it's the combination of the outro counter-melody and the elevated key that I think is so killer in that song, not so much the moment where it moves up.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Because I know people are dying to hear my musical analysis, it's the combination of the outro counter-melody and the elevated key that I think is so killer in that song, not so much the moment where it moves up.

simpsons-abe-simpson.gif

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...