Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

14 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Thought there was info that she’s 3rd down on the Saturday? 

Neil had info both her and Capaldi were on the Saturday, presumably the Pyramid, and unsure of which order they’d be in. I personally think Lizzo will be subbing, if only to get a female in those top few spots and because her show will be a much bigger party starter than Capaldi’s bore-a-thon, but can see the argument for Capaldi being the bigger act so getting the sub slot. Not sure if there’s been further info to put Lizzo firmly as the sub. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

We missed Lizzo last timeout and regretted it when speaking to others that night who had seen her.  don’t want to repeat that so hopefully no serious clashes. Pyramid sub would be ideal. 

Can't help feeling it's one of those bookings that will ensure the best vibes for those there for a good time.

On 2/7/2023 at 7:35 PM, FloorFiller said:

Neil had info both her and Capaldi were on the Saturday, presumably the Pyramid, and unsure of which order they’d be in. I personally think Lizzo will be subbing, if only to get a female in those top few spots and because her show will be a much bigger party starter than Capaldi’s bore-a-thon, but can see the argument for Capaldi being the bigger act so getting the sub slot. Not sure if there’s been further info to put Lizzo firmly as the sub. 

That's quite an odd flow from her to them isn't it? Presumably that's been discussed ad infinitum? 

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

That's quite an odd flow from her to them isn't it? Presumably that's been discussed ad infinitum? 

Yeah it’s a strange one, but I suppose every once in a while the festival can’t book the perfect sub/headliner pairings and can only book certain acts when they’re available. I imagine a large portion of that crowd won’t stick around for GnR after Lizzo has finished.

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Guns 'n' Roses will fascinate me if only to see how they hold the attention through a potential mid-set lull.

Surely they'll have to know they need to calibrate their normal run?

They’ll most likely only get 2 hours instead of their usual 3 so that’s a full hour of the usual lulls or lesser known stuff to cut out and keep it to an Appetite-heavy banger filled set.