Lizzo

CaledonianGonzo

42 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

This is good although the whole thing sounds like it’s building to a huge chorus that never turns up. 

I like. Is a clear radio song. I think I need to hear her whole album rather than judge off singles. I can’t see myself really listening to this in an album context.

38 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

What a strange viewpoint for a pop album. ‘I don’t want to hear what are supposed to be the bangers - I want to hear the other stuff’.

I’m a Taylor swift fan. I’m used to pop stars usually putting their worst foot forward with their new release.

1 minute ago, jannybruck said:

This is poor.

I’m very interested to see whether Lizzo can hit the high that she did in 2019. She was probably one of the most mainstream acts going with a lot of cross-over appeal. I do wonder what her career would like like if that momentum dropped a bit. I can’t say she’s the type of artist to have a strong fan base to fall back on. Whenever Gaga/Billie/Taylor/ Nick / Cardi/ Beyonce have a wobble they’ve got a pretty strong fan base to fall back on. I don’t know if Lizzo has established a fan base yet to do this.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m very interested to see whether Lizzo can hit the high that she did in 2019. She was probably one of the most mainstream acts going with a lot of cross-over appeal. I do wonder what her career would like like if that momentum dropped a bit. I can’t say she’s the type of artist to have a strong fan base to fall back on. Whenever Gaga/Billie/Taylor/ Nick / Cardi/ Beyonce have a wobble they’ve got a pretty strong fan base to fall back on. I don’t know if Lizzo has established a fan base yet to do this.

She's got extremely good media support, an incredible live show and has a personality that TV shows/radio stations/etc love, which is half the battle for popstars nowadays, so I think she'll be fine. I presume they know what they're doing, but this just wasn't quite the 'coming back swinging' I presumed she'd go for.

Maybe they're just going for a longer rollout until she can tour again, she's not even finished the album yet as far as I know. Either way can't see me playing this one much.

Edited by jannybruck