2021 Lineup

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think it may be more of a case of them not really being bothered to get huge names for the Pit considering it’s half empty most of the time. The name ‘Gallows’ will do the trick for most looking for something heavier regardless of if Frank is with them.

If they’re not getting big names and the Pit is empty half the time then the solution is staring at them.

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I kind of get what you mean, but I don’t think any organisation, especially one as huge as R/L, is gonna demand vaccination for entry. In an ideal world it would be mandatory, but unfortunately a large portion of people are idiots and R/L doesn’t want to lose their business so they’ve given them an alternate option, even if it is kind of bullshit and unfair to the vaccinated.

So anyone that hasn’t had a trail vaccine is a idiot. A vaccine that has been said “does not stop you getting the virus” “does not stop you passing on the virus” 

come on mate, each to their own, you with your double jab, could have the virus and take it to the festival, just like someone, who’s hasn’t been jabbed but has completed a negative test the day of arrival.

don’t be so narrow minded 

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

So anyone that hasn’t had a trail vaccine is a idiot. A vaccine that has been said “does not stop you getting the virus” “does not stop you passing on the virus” 

come on mate, each to their own, you with your double jab, could have the virus and take it to the festival, just like someone, who’s hasn’t been jabbed but has completed a negative test the day of arrival.

don’t be so narrow minded 

Idiots? Maybe. Selfish? Most certainly. 

They’ve been proved to be safe, or at least far, far less risk than the virus, esp to the at risk to it. Anyone not having it because they don’t think they need it, is deffo selfish, it’s a simple fact. 

People should have the choice however and I think you’re right in stating that it would make more sense to have to take a test to enter vax or not. 

Edited by Benj

2 hours ago, Brandohoff said:

It is a vaccine, not immunisation.

In other positive news, I got my covid passport today. 💪

Edited by thetime

1 hour ago, thetime said:

It is a vaccine, not immunisation.

In other positive news, I got my covid passport today. 💪

Precisely. So everyone or no one should be tested beforehand. For the record I’m also jabbed, but I disagree with what they’re trying to imply. I carry just as much risk and anyone else, I can still catch,carry and spread the virus. Therefore be tested beforehand IMO.

Having to have both vaccines before you can enter puts a lot of people (including the majority of the attendees) in a tricky position, i've had my first dose but i'm unable to have my second until the tuesday after Leeds Festival, i imagine a lot of people younger than me will be in a similar situation, with R+L's young demographic i imagine the festival would be half empty if they only allowed those in with double vaccines.

Personally, i'm glad they're allowing attendees to take a test on the day.

10 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

When does the build usually begin? once that commences i'll be certain we're on, although i'm about 90% sure regardless. It will also settle the 'main stage layout' debate

Around 25th July, pretty much straight after Latitude 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

When does the build usually begin? once that commences i'll be certain we're on, although i'm about 90% sure regardless. It will also settle the 'main stage layout' debate

I emailed Bramham Park this week seeing if their grounds are open to the public for walks in August and they replied saying “Leeds Festival is planning to go ahead”. I live five minutes away so I’ll see the road closure signs going up this month if it’s on

5 hours ago, thetime said:

Any of you guys used Big Green Coach? I know they had a pretty average reputation a few years ago, what they like in recent years? Will save me lugging 2 peoples stuff across the town from the train station. 😆

There’s loads of shuttle buses honestly wouldn’t worry about it, walk isn’t too bad either or could just grab a taxi if your feeling minted.

river taxi as well goes from near the enviornmental agency building and weird bridge towards caversham - its pretty quick and goes right to the gate

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Circa Waves teasing the announcement of new shows tomorrow. I reckon we might get one or two more acts of their size in the final announcement. Also could of sworn they teased R+L agesss ago. Saying that, I doubt their announcement is Reading but you never know.

Could definitely see a couple Circa Waves sized acts  

15 hours ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Circa Waves teasing the announcement of new shows tomorrow. I reckon we might get one or two more acts of their size in the final announcement. Also could of sworn they teased R+L agesss ago. Saying that, I doubt their announcement is Reading but you never know.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

I haven't really allowed myself to get to excited for this.. but it's starting to feel a little bit real! First live music since March 2020 is next month. Cannot wait.

I was lucky enough to go to the Download Pilot but I'm in the same boat as you excitement wise! Leeds was not only the last 'proper' festival I went to, it was the first ever festival I went to aged 17 in 2010 and I've been every year since. This will be my 11th in a row and I can't wait to be back there. It's going to feel so right. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I haven't really allowed myself to get to excited for this.. but it's starting to feel a little bit real! First live music since March 2020 is next month. Cannot wait.

Same here, now that restrictions have been officially lifted I've left myself get excited for it now, something to actually look forward to at last. The idea of going to a festival in five weeks is fucking mind blowing. Don't care who's opening on the Friday, I'll be down the front