2021 Lineup

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah it could be. It could be anytime, not like they're in any rush to shift tickets any more. From a PR point of view, releasing it around the same time as Latitude would be good for Festival Republic

Yeah, Plus i think seeing the first “major scale” festival happen will make people even more excited for R&L

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They're definitely ramping up the number of posts on social media now. It's like they're trying to get people to bite with that one today. Teaser tomorrow and announcement Friday?

Would they tease out the announcement of replacement acts? Would be shitty for them to get ticket holders excited about something and then tell them that an artist they’re paying to see isn’t playing anymore.

I think ones like this are normally pretty lowkey and apologetic.

3 hours ago, nathanh said:

It was sparked by the restrictions but also is because its not really financially viable to come over for one show. 

Post Malone was already coming over for one show (two shows really). QOTSA had one other that has been cancelled but it was a smaller festival and they could probably live without it.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Post Malone was already coming over for one show (two shows really). QOTSA had one other that has been cancelled but it was a smaller festival and they could probably live without it.

They were also supposed to play Pukkelpop and Lollapalooza Berlin.

Edit: and Post Malone was scheduled to play in Munich a week after R&L.

Edited by Newjem
  • Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Newjem said:

They were also supposed to play Pukkelpop and Lollapalooza Berlin.

Pukkelpop is going ahead isn't it? Neither act got announced so they should be okay to still play R+L and not PKP. And I believe they both would, given that R+L is one of the biggest and highest-paying festivals in the world. Just those two shows is well worth a headliner's time. Queens have come over just for non-headline slots.

Melvin did say a few months ago that the international acts who are on the bill have said that if it's safe to play, they'll play. It is safe for them to come over as it stands.

I don't really doubt that some of the ones playing the Pit and tiny slots like that won't bother if there are isolation rules and certain costs of opportunity but I feel like those aren't the acts people are mentally trying to replace.

Edited by dentalplan

5 hours ago, Andre91 said:

If (and it's a big if, because MB said that as long as it is safe to do so, the acts will be there) the big US acts such as Posty and QOTSA aren't able to come over, why would another US act like The Killers take their place?

My bad, fell into the killers uk trap 😄  always forget they are american

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Who from Lattitude would you like, if available?

Fontaines DC

Holly Humberstone

Chemical Bros

BBC

Chems have no suitable slot honestly, only the R1 tent headline made sense.

---

Do you guys think Disclosure will get bumped to be the main saturday headliner and then they get a smaller replacement for post malone? Seems pretty likely in all honesty that its a small replacement for him given its long sold out

21 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Melvin did say a few months ago that the international acts who are on the bill have said that if it's safe to play, they'll play. It is safe for them to come over as it stands.

He did say that and then a few of them cancelled. I'm not saying that QOTSA will be the ones who will cancel but I expect at least a few changes and also some last minute dropouts because of positive tests or self-isolation.

15 minutes ago, Newjem said:

He did say that and then a few of them cancelled. I'm not saying that QOTSA will be the ones who will cancel but I expect at least a few changes and also some last minute dropouts because of positive tests or self-isolation.

Fair enough. I think even ones like MGK and The Kid Laroi could be here too as it's a big slot with probably fewer logistical issues. All in all, seems like the smaller stages will get hit the worst and some small UK acts will get roped in. 

Just now, dentalplan said:

Fair enough. I think even ones like MGK and The Kid Laroi could be here too as it's a big slot with probably fewer logistical issues. All in all, seems like the smaller stages will get hit the worst and some small UK acts will get roped in. 

I think in my head likely anyone lower MGK/Yungblud-like slot will likely have a hard choice to make to come or not

The Download Pilot showed that you can throw together a lineup of British rock bands really quickly so if a number of smaller North American acts lower down the bill on the Pit/Lock Up stages have to pull out, I’m sure they will be able to replace them without much stress. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Pukkelpop is going ahead isn't it? Neither act got announced so they should be okay to still play R+L and not PKP. And I believe they both would, given that R+L is one of the biggest and highest-paying festivals in the world. Just those two shows is well worth a headliner's time. Queens have come over just for non-headline slots.

I don't really doubt that some of the ones playing the Pit and tiny slots like that won't bother if there are isolation rules and certain costs of opportunity but I feel like those aren't the acts people are mentally trying to replace.

Who's deciding if its safe or not? The US government has suggested its not safe.

Not quite the same thing but a lot of UK travel insurance is not valid if you visit places that the foreign office say its unsafe to visit.

The other thing is whether they'll be keen on isolating for 10 days pre-gigs. They may decide to stay with Family instead of 12+ days in UK, stuck in a house. They may get work permits that exclude this requirement however

7 hours ago, Darberry said:

We need a big rock band to replace QOTSA, not a medium-sized indie band. The only ones that have been mentioned here that would be suitable replacements are BMTH, Biffy and Muse. If QOTSA have a shit replacement, that's another blow for the already slim amount of rock on the line up

Your forgetting that the festival is already sold out, and also every year we all predict these big amazing acts and get let down. 

If the American acts pull out you will just see novelty acts like bad boy chiller crew etc pushed to main stage and at most a medium sized act who has a good relationship with the festival added I.e frank turner, vaccines 

28 minutes ago, heartsink said:

Your forgetting that the festival is already sold out, and also every year we all predict these big amazing acts and get let down. 

If the American acts pull out you will just see novelty acts like bad boy chiller crew etc pushed to main stage and at most a medium sized act who has a good relationship with the festival added I.e frank turner, vaccines 

Yh id imagine Two Door and maybe Wolf Alice pushed up, would look good for the festival promoting a female fronted band and what really do they have to lose

14 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Would they tease out the announcement of replacement acts? Would be shitty for them to get ticket holders excited about something and then tell them that an artist they’re paying to see isn’t playing anymore.

I think ones like this are normally pretty lowkey and apologetic.

Just thinking that there's quite a lot more to announce than a couple of stage openers and middle-of-the-day small stage acts. Introducing, Alternative/Comedy, Relentless/night time entertainment, US replacement acts etc. Yeah these aren't big things to a lot of people but the poster is a long way from looking complete. 

Prepared to eat my words but I think they'll tease it first. They have previous in hyping up really disappointing announcements so it wouldn't surprise me if the tease one where there's a few cancellations

Prepared to eat my words but I think they'll tease it first. They have previous in hyping up really disappointing announcements so it wouldn't surprise me if the tease one where there's a few cancellations

I see them hyping this announcement up too. To be honest, I am more excited to see the dropouts/replacements than the actual new additions this time around. 

27 minutes ago, nathanh said:

I see them hyping this announcement up too. To be honest, I am more excited to see the dropouts/replacements than the actual new additions this time around. 

Yeah just interested to see what they do. Should give us a better idea where the secret set(s) will be too. With Idles collaborating with Slowthai my money is still on them. Nice R&L sized gap in their tour and one less band on the Pit Stage that day

5 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Yeah just interested to see what they do. Should give us a better idea where the secret set(s) will be too. With Idles collaborating with Slowthai my money is still on them. Nice R&L sized gap in their tour and one less band on the Pit Stage that day

Was just about to say i'd bet on Idles turning up. Got a feeling that KSIs set will absoloutley pop off

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Was just about to say i'd bet on Idles turning up. Got a feeling that KSIs set will absoloutley pop off

There'll be some massive crowds this year. KSI, Becky Hill, AJ Tracey, Aitch and Gerry Cinnamon will all draw loads in. The crowds for Post in 2018 and Billie Eilish in 2019 were insane for middle of the day sets, how they got them to play middle of the afternoon I'll never know

There'll be some massive crowds this year. KSI, Becky Hill, AJ Tracey, Aitch and Gerry Cinnamon will all draw loads in. The crowds for Post in 2018 and Billie Eilish in 2019 were insane for middle of the day sets, how they got them to play middle of the afternoon I'll never know

Becky Hill!? Really.... Im so out of touch!

50 minutes ago, kjvffm said:

With Don Broco’s announcement today it looks like they’re a sure bet. Twin Atlantic and Idles also look like good shouts based on tour dates. Anyone I’m missing? 

Where would they fit in though, unless we’re assuming some US cancellation shuffles. 

would be ace having them there