2021 Lineup

16 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Leeds this year will (hopefully) be my first camping festival, been for a day but never full weekend, sounds daft but has anyone got any tips that might not be obvious?

Don't camp at the bottom of a hill (or on the hill - never understood why people do it). Personally I wouldn't camp near Relentless or bang opposite Piccadilly these days but I'm getting on a bit now

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Leeds this year will (hopefully) be my first camping festival, been for a day but never full weekend, sounds daft but has anyone got any tips that might not be obvious?

Only bother with the essentials, always see people taking in bags worth of snacks and soft drinks which they're never going to get through and it just adds a bunch of weight to the load you're going to have to drag/carry for ages

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Only bother with the essentials, always see people taking in bags worth of snacks and soft drinks which they're never going to get through and it just adds a bunch of weight to the load you're going to have to drag/carry for ages

@jumperofftheshelf speaking of carrying loads of weight, bag one of these on the way out of the campsite for next year if there's any discarded ones lying about, I picked one up in 2016 and it's proved an absolute godsend for taking crates in since: https://www.toolstation.com/folding-sack-truck/p64746

2 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

in my opinion don't even bother with bringing big food items like pringles and stuff like that, the co-op onsite is expensive vs normal but its not significantly worse. if your bringing all tins i'd consider doing the same too honestly - the prices aren't ridiculous and it saves so much carrying. definitely bring a load of bin bags and a portable charger is a must + speaker as said before. also camping chair inside the tent when you go away or it will get nicked.

19 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Damn, Latitude have managed to get Damon Albarn. Slightly jealous.

would go down like a lead balloon at R+L unfortunately, Boardmasters which caters to the same demographic managed to bag Gorillaz and i remember seeing plenty of people in the comments complaining about it

2 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

would go down like a lead balloon at R+L unfortunately, Boardmasters which caters to the same demographic managed to bag Gorillaz and i remember seeing plenty of people in the comments complaining about it

Oh yeah of course, but I still would happily see him! Solo or Gorillaz, I’m not fussy.

6 minutes ago, Jonathan Jonathan said:

Oh yeah of course, but I still would happily see him! Solo or Gorillaz, I’m not fussy.

Yeh would love to see him play one day but Latitude is too far away for me to even think about, hopefully Gorillaz or preferably Blur will show up somewhere i'm going eventually

9 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Yeh would love to see him play one day but Latitude is too far away for me to even think about, hopefully Gorillaz or preferably Blur will show up somewhere i'm going eventually

Blur always seem to be included as an option in the yearly lineup surveys R&L send out which I always find strange. An arena tour would be excellent, surprised they haven't done anything since BST in 2015

15 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

While we’re sort of on the topic for camping, what are the best campsites for Reading. Want to be in the action as such but not completely overwhelmed 

I've camped in Orange last few years and never had any issues. Near to Co-Op, the bogs, silent disco (if that's your thing) & about a 5 minute walk to the arena

19 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

If you're planning on taking a lot of stuff in and have the luxury of parking. Multiple trips/leaving stuff in the car and grabbing it the next day is something I always do. Just makes the initial getting in process (slightly) less tedious  

2 hours ago, iistroudley said:

I've camped in Orange last few years and never had any issues. Near to Co-Op, the bogs, silent disco (if that's your thing) & about a 5 minute walk to the arena

Yh Orange and some of Purple look like ideal spots. I’m going in to set tents up on my own coz I’m the only one who thought to buy an early bird, I haven’t camped before so I’m just tryna get a vague idea of where is a good place to aim for. So cheers mate 

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Yh Orange and some of Purple look like ideal spots. I’m going in to set tents up on my own coz I’m the only one who thought to buy an early bird, I haven’t camped before so I’m just tryna get a vague idea of where is a good place to aim for. So cheers mate 

Your neighbours might pitch in if you're lucky, most times we've been the neighbours have said hello pretty early. This is the first year I'm not doing early bird and it feels like I've lost a limb

5 hours ago, Jericode said:

I did Yellow in 2019 and it was pretty well situated. Tons of loud fuckers going on to the early hours though so dodge it if you want a decent sleep haha.

I mean I could say I want sleep and end up partying all night, I think any 3 of those middles ones seem like the plave to go

5 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Your neighbours might pitch in if you're lucky, most times we've been the neighbours have said hello pretty early. This is the first year I'm not doing early bird and it feels like I've lost a limb

I might find other people I know and see if I can get close to them, but at the end of the day it’s only 3 tents which isn’t awful