2021 Lineup

38 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I agree with what you are saying but Melvin has stated in the TPD TV interview that Queens and Posty if permitted they are just going to be fly over shows so no production just playing

Melvin has stated so many things before that eventually weren’t right so I would take his words with a pinch of salt.

55 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

I agree with what you are saying but Melvin has stated in the TPD TV interview that Queens and Posty if permitted they are just going to be fly over shows so no production just playing

Also for artists the size of those two they'd be getting a chunky fee and probably all travel etc. paid for them so a private jet if needed. After the past year and a half if possible they might just want to come and do it because it can happen, they're people too that just want to go to a festival/play live for people after such a long time. 

I do worry about Fever 333 and KennyHoopla though. Hopefully Yungblud and MGK would also be in the same boat as Queens and Posty. 

I worry heavily for international acts that are performing any lower sized set then Yungblud, The Kid Laroi and MGK to be honest. However headliners I can see them just wanting to perform again and can likely afford a one off, slightly more pared back (production wise) show. 

24 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Whilst this is a subject currently we are on. If the headliners, QOTSA and Post have to be switched out- Who could you see stepping into those headline slots? 

QOTSA = Biffy, BMTH or Royal Blood

Post = Dua Lipa, Lewis Capaldi (provided he does it as a one-off given he said he wasn't touring)

Side note - R&L just RT'd a Tyler the Creator post, 2022?

5 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Spiritbox and fever 333 are pretty much up there with who im most forward to seeing. Id be gutted for one

On a normal year it would be great that they've packed the Pit lineup with these US bands that won't tour the UK that often but this year it might sadly come back to bite them. I'm with you, I'm more excited for acts like Spiritbox, Fever 333, Badflower, City Morgue and Cleopatrick than I am most of the main stage acts so I'll be gutted if a lot of them pull out

30 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

On a normal year it would be great that they've packed the Pit lineup with these US bands that won't tour the UK that often but this year it might sadly come back to bite them. I'm with you, I'm more excited for acts like Spiritbox, Fever 333, Badflower, City Morgue and Cleopatrick than I am most of the main stage acts so I'll be gutted if a lot of them pull out

Yeah, the Pit on Saturday (Reading) is absolutely awesome but can’t see it happening.

Only Bob Vylan and Creeper likely to be there out of that lot.

43 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, the Pit on Saturday (Reading) is absolutely awesome but can’t see it happening.

Only Bob Vylan and Creeper likely to be there out of that lot.

It's an incredible run in the Pit that day, I only plan on leaving for a couple of bands (and one of those is Fever 333's Main Stage set). Either they're still coming over or Melvin has been incredibly short-sighted, sadly probably the latter!

I wouldn't be opposed to a few of the Download Pilot bands coming in as substitutes mind you

A couple of acts have dropped out of Tramlines (Pale Waves and DMA’s) citing covid travel restrictions.

Doesnt that suggest that even if R+L can go ahead the lineup is going to need a major reshuffle? 

Even British bands like The Wombats have a member who lives in the US, so presumably couldn’t come over and play. Think it’ll impact a lot of bands. 

and that’s at least two headliners potentially needing replaced as well. That’s another problem festivals will need to navigate even they can even happen. 

12 minutes ago, thatTFBguy said:

A couple of acts have dropped out of Tramlines (Pale Waves and DMA’s) citing covid travel restrictions.

Doesnt that suggest that even if R+L can go ahead the lineup is going to need a major reshuffle? 

Even British bands like The Wombats have a member who lives in the US, so presumably couldn’t come over and play. Think it’ll impact a lot of bands. 

and that’s at least two headliners potentially needing replaced as well. That’s another problem festivals will need to navigate even they can even happen. 

I can’t see many of the American bands making it over but surely they knew that this was likely when they booked them?

Strange that they didn’t play it a bit more safe by booking more British bands 

Really annoying that they have booked these bands with little chance of them playing.

Edited by rivalschools.price

Little R&L snippet from a Melvin Latitude interview with the BBC today: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-57678190

"He said results from the Download Pilot were not yet available but there had been "no alarm calls" since.

Reading and Leeds festivals will take place in August, with about 190,000 due to attend in total.

"I think that's going to be a hell of a party period, a great weekend for us all, but of course we'll be watching the guidelines and following the procedures that the government want us to do," he said."

The results from the testing at these pilot events are a bit of a waste of time....you could take a photo of an old test or someone else's test to get the green light to get in. They also ask you politely for the 2nd test to be completed 4/5 days after the event. There is no follow up if you don't do it. I did my bit but I'm sure many others did not bother. 

On 6/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, rivalschools.price said:

I can’t see many of the American bands making it over but surely they knew that this was likely when they booked them?

Strange that they didn’t play it a bit more safe by booking more British bands 

Really annoying that they have booked these bands with little chance of them playing.

The problem you have there though is alot of the headline acts wont be able to attend. The queens of the stone age day would be wrecked if the top 3 acts cant attend.

3 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Other than just covid, isn't there a travel ban between UK & USA? meaning if the american acts were to come over just for the festival they would have to go via mexico for 2 weeks on there return to the states? Hard to imagine all of the acts getting exemptions on this

Just had a quick google. "The air corridor connecting UK-USA is not likely to open before the end of the summer." More bad news for smaller american acts especially.

7 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Other than just covid, isn't there a travel ban between UK & USA? meaning if the american acts were to come over just for the festival they would have to go via mexico for 2 weeks on there return to the states? Hard to imagine all of the acts getting exemptions on this

2 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Just had a quick google. "The air corridor connecting UK-USA is not likely to open before the end of the summer." More bad news for smaller american acts especially.

You'd think they'd put exceptions in for bands as they're doing their job like people in professional sports.

59 minutes ago, foolee said:

You'd think they'd put exceptions in for bands as they're doing their job like people in professional sports.

For the Brit Awards in May Olivia Rodrigo quarantined here so she could perform in person at the ceremony so it should definitely be possible but most of the other US acts (Pink, The Weeknd etc) performed remotely/with pre-recorded sets.

With all the uncertainty I can't believe Melvin has booked small US acts unless he knows something we don't

13 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

The results from the testing at these pilot events are a bit of a waste of time....you could take a photo of an old test or someone else's test to get the green light to get in. They also ask you politely for the 2nd test to be completed 4/5 days after the event. There is no follow up if you don't do it. I did my bit but I'm sure many others did not bother. 

You don't even need to take a photo of an old test. Just put in the government site it's negative there's no way of checking if you've actually done it or not. I was fortunate enough to go to the download one however came into contact with someone who was positive on the sunday and have just come out of isolation!

15 minutes ago, Brandohoff said:

Looks like the main stages will be side by side

822B4FAA-FA89-486B-8C60-DDC57D914992.png

That looks properly side-by-side doesn't it. My jaw dropped at the £185-a-day price, I got guest for free in 2019 in the good old days of ticket ambassador schemes! Looks promising though for it going ahead