2021 Lineup

1 minute ago, rivalschools.price said:

The fact that I’m not yet walking in through the gates, haha. Until that happens there’ll always be a doubt in my mind that it will happen.

Fair point mate I’m much the same Hahah I wont fully believe it until I’m experiencing it. However is looking fairly likely which is a good sign! 

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I just have a vision of being all set to go then Boris calls a press conference on the Monday before the festival is due to start.

If boris does that I will forever hate him especially as I have early access and meeting my mate on the Tuesday to travel up on the Wednesday 

4 hours ago, Ives562 said:

If boris does that I will forever hate him especially as I have early access and meeting my mate on the Tuesday to travel up on the Wednesday 

Will forever hate boris regardless tbh but that’s besides the point 

Im very hopeful atm. Choosing to believe that July 19th really might be the final delay and hoping that the vaccines continue working as well as they are (all over 18s can now book a vaccination so almost everyone over 18 who’s going to bother getting one will at least have their first done by R&L) as well as the download pilot hopefully going well. 

Got my first vaccine on monday and I don’t think i’ve ever been so excited for a trip to the hospital

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Im very hopeful atm. Choosing to believe that July 19th really might be the final delay and hoping that the vaccines continue working as well as they are (all over 18s can now book a vaccination so almost everyone over 18 who’s going to bother getting one will at least have their first done by R&L) as well as the download pilot hopefully going well. 

I am optimistic at the moment im 60/40 it going ahead at the moment- Latitude is making me very confident. 

Seems to me that Latitude is potentially a test event, given how much Melvin Benn has been going on about it? Also the fact that they got that big Cinch sponsorship despite all the uncertainty - just seems to make sense to me currently. Good 5 weeks before Reading so I think it looks promising.

Melvin is doing the old if you say it enough times people will believe it trick, little to no chance of Latitude going ahead imo.

I went to Royal Ascot on Saturday, 12,000 people. It was part of pilot event. I had to do lateral and PCR test before attending. There are usually 80,000 people on course so it was really quiet and spaced out. 

The government are currently allowing bigger crowds if there is an allocated seat.

The biggest risk I had on Saturday was travelling from Manchester to Ascot on public transport. I had not been on a tram for 15 months, and was shocked to see hardly anyone wearing a mask. The train was much better, apart from the odd person with it under their chin / nose hanging out 

I would say public transport would be a big problem for holding a festival in UK.

Loads going ahead in US, however everyone drives to these events. 

29 minutes ago, she bangs the drums said:

Melvin is doing the old if you say it enough times people will believe it trick, little to no chance of Latitude going ahead imo.

I went to Royal Ascot on Saturday, 12,000 people. It was part of pilot event. I had to do lateral and PCR test before attending. There are usually 80,000 people on course so it was really quiet and spaced out. 

The government are currently allowing bigger crowds if there is an allocated seat.

The biggest risk I had on Saturday was travelling from Manchester to Ascot on public transport. I had not been on a tram for 15 months, and was shocked to see hardly anyone wearing a mask. The train was much better, apart from the odd person with it under their chin / nose hanging out 

I would say public transport would be a big problem for holding a festival in UK.

Loads going ahead in US, however everyone drives to these events. 

Same, I don’t think Melvin is a good person to follow on this. He will say the festival is going ahead regardless. He doesn’t make the decision.

Its very very annoying that the UK is taking such a cautious approach. This was the Foos at MSG last night.

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Same, I don’t think Melvin is a good person to follow on this. He will say the festival is going ahead regardless. He doesn’t make the decision.

Its very very annoying that the UK is taking such a cautious approach. This was the Foos at MSG last night.

We can only just hope he follows through with this one. We need live music back. 

I’m still pretty confident atm, if anything that Kendal calling statement has made me a bit more confident. As they say another camping festival has been chosen (most likely latitude) which means that every gig/festival test event so far is Melvin Benn ran. This along with the fact the Grand Prix (140,000 capacity) is being held as a test event on July 17th-19th (so more than reading, and a month before) makes me fairly confident in either R&L running like normal or being made a test event by the gov. 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, stanh said:

yeah i am pretty hopefully now for r+l to go ahead as normal, if not, just as a test event

Yup same. 

Was at 60% last week but as the numbers seem stagnant and reports come out basically saying this new ‘wave’ has already hit a vaccine wall, I think it’s back up to 90% or so. 

all the numbers seem to show the vaccines are doing their jobs, they’ll be another two months of vaccinated people (esp big increase in fully vaxed) by the time reading roles round. 

I live in Massachusetts in the US and things are pretty much back to normal here with a 60% fully vax’d rate for 12+. 40 cases a day out of a pop of 6 million plus

UK shouldn’t be far off that come August