2021 Lineup

6 hours ago, Known-Radio said:

Other than just covid, isn't there a travel ban between UK & USA? meaning if the american acts were to come over just for the festival they would have to go via mexico for 2 weeks on there return to the states? Hard to imagine all of the acts getting exemptions on this

US citizens are exempt from the travel ban.

17 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

That looks properly side-by-side doesn't it. My jaw dropped at the £185-a-day price, I got guest for free in 2019 in the good old days of ticket ambassador schemes! Looks promising though for it going ahead

At least we know where the Liam Gallagher piss chuckers will be aiming this year

27 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

That looks properly side-by-side doesn't it. My jaw dropped at the £185-a-day price, I got guest for free in 2019 in the good old days of ticket ambassador schemes! Looks promising though for it going ahead

I don't think that shows the stages side by side. I think it's just showing that both main stages will have the same layout & where the viewing space will be for each stage.

6 minutes ago, FakeEmpire said:

I don't think that shows the stages side by side. I think it's just showing that both main stages will have the same layout & where the viewing space will be for each stage.

I think I agree with this, surely with two main stages they wouldn't need that much crowd control fencing etc? Interesting to see the turnstyles have possibly gone?

11 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think I agree with this, surely with two main stages they wouldn't need that much crowd control fencing etc? Interesting to see the turnstyles have possibly gone?

It's surely like the Lollapalooza Berlin setup where they're in the same field but almost at a 45 degree angle to each other so people can just shift round between bands

3 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Part of me is quite worried about the 6 week gap between freedom day and the festival starting. Lots of scope for things to get bad again if opening up doesn’t go as they want it to

That has been the worry but it seems from the past few days that the government are just pulling the ripcord on this one.

All the language is that the lift is 'irreversible', the hospitals will manage after that date and it's up to people to be responsible with what they do. The government has been pressured (by the millionaires they actually listen to) to resume normal life as soon as possible and they'd lose a lot of points - and devastate a few industries - by slipping the restrictions back on after being so cocksure about this being final.

Absolutely buzzing for reading bring it on and got dizzie rascal 2 weeks before, just hope all American acts can travel over but I think they should be ok to be honest I saw Kenny hoopla tweet earlier that he can't wait to be in London next month 

13 hours ago, Ives562 said:

Absolutely buzzing for reading bring it on and got dizzie rascal 2 weeks before, just hope all American acts can travel over but I think they should be ok to be honest I saw Kenny hoopla tweet earlier that he can't wait to be in London next month 

Hope so, buzzing to see him

4 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Perfect time for them to announce more of the line up now, hopefully the next announcement is only a couple days away

It’s looking good now. Latitude, Download and Tramlines all confirmed they were going ahead and released an updated lineup a couple of days later so maybe that’s the plan? It might be next week after the MPs vote on the 12th

44 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Really teased us with that new post, got a notification saying they had posted and was praying it was the line-up, at least they've given more confirmation that its going ahead

What are you expecting from the line up? Should only be a bunch of stage openers and then a gap for the secret set, right?