2021 Lineup

26 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Apparently one of the members of Catfish has left the band, wonder if they will even stay together to do R&L this year as I don’t think they have anything else announced

Which one mate nothing on Internet I could find about it? 

3 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Apparently one of the members of Catfish has left the band, wonder if they will even stay together to do R&L this year as I don’t think they have anything else announced

Neighbourhood weekender

Swansea show. 

17 hours ago, Hawky said:

I want to see Spiritbox, Ho9909, City Morgue, Cleopatrick, Fever 333, Ashnikko, Bob Vylan, Denzel and Kennyhoopla. 

But I can't see smaller bands travelling over for just this, unless Melvin is paying for the travel and there's next to no stage production, especially when they can play shows to in their own country a lot easier. 

Yeah, I can’t see many of those bands coming over. Shame as they’re more or less the main ones I want to see as well.

Bob Vylan should be ok though as UK based.

18 hours ago, Hawky said:

I want to see Spiritbox, Ho9909, City Morgue, Cleopatrick, Fever 333, Ashnikko, Bob Vylan, Denzel and Kennyhoopla. 

But I can't see smaller bands travelling over for just this, unless Melvin is paying for the travel and there's next to no stage production, especially when they can play shows to in their own country a lot easier. 

Would be gutted about Fever 333. I heard somewhere Ashnikko is London based so might be okay to come. Kennyhoopla is meant to be supporting Yungblud on his tour in August so if that goes ahead I could see Kennyhoopla, Yungblud and MGK all getting a private jet back to the UK together from LA. 

19 hours ago, Hawky said:

Most of the bands I want to see are the US-based Pit/Lock-Up bands, if these acts didn't come it'd pretty much wipe out the entire stage that day as well. If they do pull out then at least FR have shown they can book UK-based bands of a similar genre at short notice with the Download Pilot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

I thought I was weird for spending too long on a festivals forum but that Reddit thread is something else, insane level of detective work/borderline stalking 😂

Edited by andyrhodes24

Yeah I think it bodes well for R+L now as a 'pilot event', as it seems these are not actually tests they're just preferential treatment given to certain festivals to go ahead. And Melvin is in the good books.

Obviously great for R+L goers and Festival Republic. Shit for other festivals and their attendees.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think it bodes well for R+L now as a 'pilot event', as it seems these are not actually tests they're just preferential treatment given to certain festivals to go ahead. And Melvin is in the good books.

Obviously great for R+L goers and Festival Republic. Shit for other festivals and their attendees.

Makes me so sad. Creamfields will be sacked off because of Melvin being in the circle.

Unfair for a lot of other fans of different genres having to go another year without fun whilst others are able to.

Just doesn't make sense how Creamfields x Livenation can't push for a test event also. Or even provide LFT's and 2 vaccinations.

5 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

Makes me so sad. Creamfields will be sacked off because of Melvin being in the circle.

Unfair for a lot of other fans of different genres having to go another year without fun whilst others are able to.

Just doesn't make sense how Creamfields x Livenation can't push for a test event also. Or even provide LFT's and 2 vaccinations.

Festival republic have been the ones pushing the pilot events and have already done 2 of them successfully. Unfair because festival republic are the only ones with the resorces to really push these events and take the biggest risks. That being said, if the gov feel they can only trust festival republic to manage these events atm you can't really complain with all the work they have been doing behind the scenes.

13 minutes ago, Known-Radio said:

Festival republic have been the ones pushing the pilot events and have already done 2 of them successfully. Unfair because festival republic are the only ones with the resorces to really push these events and take the biggest risks. That being said, if the gov feel they can only trust festival republic to manage these events atm you can't really complain with all the work they have been doing behind the scenes.

We don't really know what Creamfields team etc have tried. I doubt they haven't offered every possible reassurance to make it as safe as possible. They're losing money badly.

Look at Defected & co yesterday, around 8 events in August moved to September to hopefully go ahead. Even offering everything to make it safe but have been ignored.

I've just copped a R&L ticket now off Ticketmaster in the hope of them actually going ahead.

The Event Research Programme report is finally out. 28 cases out of 58,000 attendees at nine events is very promising.

Government Report: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-publishes-events-research-programme-report 

BBC News article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57615547 

Edited by andyrhodes24

3 hours ago, wghennessy said:

LFTs are a waste of time. PCR or nothing

It’s going to be LFT or proof of vaccination going forward as it isn’t viable to keep doing PCR tests. If we want to roll this out to every festival and venue that’s how it’ll be. I can’t imagine the work that goes into PCR tests is cheap and they won’t be free forever so it doesn’t make sense to use them for every event which is why latitude isn’t, I’m not sure about what the football and races etc. are currently doing though.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Hopefully when restrictions end or the restrictions for most things besides events I think the government will give some guidance as to how nightclubs, venues and other festivals can proceed. I think this’ll be proof of vaccination or lateral flow test like Latitude, I just hope this guidance isn’t given too late for every festival. Got a good feeling about most late August and September as long as they have the financial backing to hold off a few more weeks. 

1 hour ago, Dukey said:

Presuming this goes ahead, who are the top 5 acts people are looking forward to? For me:

Wolf Alice, Queens, Liam Gallagher, Spiritbox and Sam Fender 

Spiritbox, QOTSA,Fever333, Gallows, Ho99o9

Nervous about 4 out of 5 actually playing even if the festival goes ahead (5 out of 5 when you consider that Wade from Gallows doesn’t live in the UK either)

Edited by rivalschools.price