2021 Lineup

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, the Saturday at Leeds (Blink day) was my first ever festival; I was 17. It’s still to this day the best day of my life. That Main Stage run was unbelievable. 

Upon reflection, I wish I had gone for the whole weekend.

We've all had those reflections.

This is it, by then I was on Leeds and Reading as I did both number 5. We literally only booked Reading 12 in advance as we knew Foos would headline. I enjoyed it but I didn't think it was Foos at their best and there was an element of being done with Leeds camping after 2011. Finishing with Pulp was kinda my parting moment. I had about 18/19 in 2012 with I think Kasabian being on par with the most impressive. Back then I was hugely into Paramore top so that goes without saying.

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Blink with Skiba sounded way better live than two of the three times I saw them with Tom but I agree, it isn’t the same. The problem now is Mark Hoppus. He’s every bit as shit as Tom ever was.

Anyone who goes to see Blink hoping or expecting some kind of musical master class, isn’t going to see Blink

5 hours ago, Benj said:

Anyone who goes to see Blink hoping or expecting some kind of musical master class, isn’t going to see Blink

There’s a world of difference between expecting a master class and not expecting a band to sound absolutely arse. 

I don’t want Mark Hoppus stinking the joint up with his monotone, half a step behind vocals.

I’ll never pay to see Blink again. 

Edited by Andre91

52 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

There’s a world of difference between expecting a master class and not expecting a band to sound absolutely arse. 

I don’t want Mark Hoppus stinking the joint up with his monotone, half a step behind vocals.

I’ll never pay to see Blink again. 

Haha, you pay to see a lot more guff play than Blink 182 lol

1 hour ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They're surely the obvious pick but are they still a touchy subject, especially for the big televised events like Reading (even though Tom's left)?

Doesn’t matter now he’s gone. The rest of them will rightly continue onwards 

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

They're surely the obvious pick but are they still a touchy subject, especially for the big televised events like Reading (even though Tom's left)?

Can’t see how they’d be considered as touchy subject if Tom is not there, the others haven’t done anything wrong as far as we’re aware.

If fact, you could argue that the remaining members played it perfectly. Got rid of Tom as soon as the court case finished, waited a while and then announced dates at much smaller venues to test the demand.

Listening to the TPD interview, I’m inferring that the two Main Stages are going to be side by side. 

Melvin mentions that the original Reading Festival had two side by side Main Stages that worked brilliantly. He also mentions how Wacken has the same system which works perfectly and also that his own Lollapalooza Berlin festival he is a part of does the same. 

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Given that the secret set will likely be on the Dance Stage or smaller, I don't think it'll be anyone as big as Kasabian or Royal Blood. Architects do actually make a lot of sense - playing a FR show that weekend and there's space for them in the Pit.

That’s my thinking. Secret set in the Pit on the Posty day. Come onnnnn. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Listening to the TPD interview, I’m inferring that the two Main Stages are going to be side by side. 

Melvin mentions that the original Reading Festival had two side by side Main Stages that worked brilliantly. He also mentions how Wacken has the same system which works perfectly and also that his own Lollapalooza Berlin festival he is a part of does the same. 

Looking at the Lollapalooza map for Berlin (The one Melvin produces) They appear to almost be opposite each other which I think would work well- however the repetition of side by side makes me think maybe it will take that approach? 

DE948108-3DD4-4C4F-B30C-D3A2787BC6CB.jpeg

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Can’t see how they’d be considered as touchy subject if Tom is not there, the others haven’t done anything wrong as far as we’re aware.

If fact, you could argue that the remaining members played it perfectly. Got rid of Tom as soon as the court case finished, waited a while and then announced dates at much smaller venues to test the demand.

Fair point, if they thought they’d be in for any negative reaction they wouldn’t have booked a full UK tour yet

23 minutes ago, nathanh said:

Looking at the Lollapalooza map for Berlin (The one Melvin produces) They appear to almost be opposite each other which I think would work well- however the repetition of side by side makes me think maybe it will take that approach? 

DE948108-3DD4-4C4F-B30C-D3A2787BC6CB.jpeg

Slightly warped on street view but Lollapalooza’s stage setup actually looks ace

8EB8578A-1DAF-4F23-B733-2331651DCA89.png

54 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

That would be perfect. Great way to get back on the good side as us rock fans are still smarting from Post Malone replacing RATM, haha.

As long as the set isn’t the same time as Slowthai. That would be a killer clash.