2021 Lineup

6 hours ago, foolee said:

I've just had a look back at the last page or so and put all the eFestivals survey answers in a spreadsheet to count how many times each act got requested to see if it was up to us who we'd have as our 6 headliners and other acts. 

Overwhelmingly, with 12 votes, it looks like most of us would like to see Rage Against the Machine headline in 2022. The next two headliners would be Tame Impala and Bring Me The Horizon with 7 votes each. Then Travis Scott and Arctic Monkeys with 6 and 5 votes each. With the 6th headliner fighting it out between Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Royal Blood and Slipknot who all got 4 votes each. 

RATM, Travis Scott, Arctic Monkeys, BMTH, Tame Impala along with Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, Royal Blood or Slipknot would be a pretty good and diverse set of headliners for R&L to get.

The only acts that were voted for more than 2 times in the non-headliners were Architects, Doja Cat and Idles. 

Obviously a really small sample but thought it'd be interesting.

Here we go again- I definitely think we will see one of these headliners in 2022 🤣

The fact that Gallows are headlining the Lock up has been puzzling me since the announcement.

They are playing much smaller venues than most other headliners of that stage and smaller venues than sub headliners Boston Manor.

There can only be one reason for this................Frank Carter is rejoining the band as a one-off just for the festival.

29 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

The fact that Gallows are headlining the Lock up has been puzzling me since the announcement.

They are playing much smaller venues than most other headliners of that stage and smaller venues than sub headliners Boston Manor.

There can only be one reason for this................Frank Carter is rejoining the band as a one-off just for the festival.

While I would love to see it, I just can't see it happening. They haven't played many shows in the last 5 years so hard to place how big they are

10 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

While I would love to see it, I just can't see it happening. They haven't played many shows in the last 5 years so hard to place how big they are

They have been playing much smaller places with Wade, can’t see how they’re big enough to headline.

I’m happy either way as I live the albums with Wade but I think the crowd will be tiny.

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Nah it’s actually just a cover for The Cribs headlining the pit

16 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

No chance of Frank playing with them again, he's completely moved on.

Think Gallows just get that slot by virtue of their name, but I feel like they should have packed it in by now.

18 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

They have been playing much smaller places with Wade, can’t see how they’re big enough to headline.

I’m happy either way as I live the albums with Wade but I think the crowd will be tiny.

Programmed agains Stormzy I suspect they get a decent number of bears stroker types in who don’t like ‘the rap’

Slightly off topic but thought I’d get a good response here, when are everyone’s first gigs back??

Reading was my last festival in 2019, managed to catch PUP, Tamino and The Chats after that, but I’m absolutely craving gigs now.

I’ve got Squid on the 22nd June and then Truck in July, can’t bloody wait! 

4 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Slightly off topic but thought I’d get a good response here, when are everyone’s first gigs back??

Reading was my last festival in 2019, managed to catch PUP, Tamino and The Chats after that, but I’m absolutely craving gigs now.

Phoxjaw on Thursday, Squid next Friday and Shame the Thursday after that. All socially distanced mind. Then a big gap til Squid, The Streets at Tramlines, Architects at Leeds Stylus and a few small Creeper gigs.

7 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

I have Truck, Reading, and Slam Dunk this summer 🤞 First actual gig is Idles on 16th September.

Also, it is now only 100 days until Reading/Leeds!

1 hour ago, frontsidecab said:

Jamie Lenman socially distanced start of July is the first, Creeper at the Joiners in Southampton at the end of August, then have Biffy in Glasgow and Slam Dunk in September, Salem on Halloween, Creeper again in December

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

20 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I'd argue Fever 333 probably aren't as big as Creeper either? Seems a pair of odd bookings.

2 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Pretty sure it’s Reading after MCR was cancelled, not sure there’s many I could get now either

2 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

The Streets on the 21st of Juuuuuune (Who's got the bag?). So buzzing for that. Summer of Love fest that weekend with Wilkinson, Eats Everything and some other sick DJs but guess that isn't really much of a gig. Got an Easy Life rough trade set after that then Truck. Buzzing

Signature explains it all really I've noticed hahaha

Edited by TheWaters

First gig back is The United Kingdolls in Sheffield on 16th July 😄 

Following that, festival wise, I’m now unable to make the Saturday of Bloodstock due to a family commitment (booooo!) so Leeds will be my first festival back in two years and the last I went to before shit hit the fan, which is very fitting. 11 years running 😄 Slam Dunk the weekend after will be glorious too. 

As for a proper gig, BMTH in September will be the first (sorry Kingdolls).