2021 Lineup

I’ve got Feeder in Newport on 9th July that I’m hoping to go ahead as it’s outside and reduced capacity so that should be my first gig back. Then I’ve got loads more in August up until June 2022, some newer bookings and some rescheduled.

1 hour ago, nathanh said:

Does anyone see R&L being less likely to go ahead with the Indian Variant?

I don’t think so, I’ve heard that vaccines are working against that variant and apparently any new strains can’t be as deadly as the original but could be more easily transmitted. The hospitalisations and deaths aren’t going up and those are the numbers we need to keep an eye on so as long as the NHS can’t be overwhelmed we’re in a good position. 

2 hours ago, nathanh said:

Does anyone see R&L being less likely to go ahead with the Indian Variant?

it definitely doesn't help but at this point i'm very optimistic.

-----

mine is Truck i think, but considering booking the Libertines show in kent at the start of July too. following that boardmasters, reading and then a ton of gigs to get me through winter.

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

it definitely doesn't help but at this point i'm very optimistic.

-----

mine is Truck i think, but considering booking the Libertines show in kent at the start of July too. following that boardmasters, reading and then a ton of gigs to get me through winter.

Same mate I've got a gig nearly every month when we get to augest I really don't want them to all get re arranged again it's getting to the stage we all need things to look forward to 

21 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Slightly off topic but thought I’d get a good response here, when are everyone’s first gigs back??

Reading was my last festival in 2019, managed to catch PUP, Tamino and The Chats after that, but I’m absolutely craving gigs now.

I’ve got Squid on the 22nd June and then Truck in July, can’t bloody wait! 

Last gig was Catfish at Leeds arena November 2019, first gig back is Milford Place at Lending Room Leeds, then DMAs, Leeds Fest, Slam Dunk and BMTH. We've a lot of catching up to do

5 hours ago, sameimpala said:

Research showing the vaccines are effective against the new variant! Shame they're not on at Reading this year then. 

First gigs back I have Declan Mckenna and Gorillaz back to back days in August, seeing Dua in September and hopefully Haim.

Side note, surely with new music coming out the vaccines have to be a secret set no? 

This thread of upcoming gigs etc has got me thinking - R&L will be the first live music back for the best part of 200,000 people - anyone reckon they could throw in a decent sized act to kick the weekend off? I know NBT are opening Reading but decent sized Thursday acts would be good to see (other than Leeds' Thursday stage) 

6 minutes ago, andyrhodes24 said:

This thread of upcoming gigs etc has got me thinking - R&L will be the first live music back for the best part of 200,000 people - anyone reckon they could throw in a decent sized act to kick the weekend off? I know NBT are opening Reading but decent sized Thursday acts would be good to see (other than Leeds' Thursday stage) 

I don’t think Reading have permission to have proper bands on the Thursday. Could be wrong but I’m sure I remember seeing that somewhere 

Surely if its a remotely big name, they would have to play mainstage as the crowd would be absolutely massive. Seems not worth bothering with unless its a big name too honestly.

EDIT: its also sold out, no benefit for them to bother

Edited by gfa

12 hours ago, gfa said:

Surely if its a remotely big name, they would have to play mainstage as the crowd would be absolutely massive. Seems not worth bothering with unless its a big name too honestly.

EDIT: its also sold out, no benefit for them to bother

Don't get me wrong, I know they've no reason to do it with no more tickets to shift but if ever there was a year for them to give something back to the punters this is it. Weren't Libertines nailed on to play? Not everyone would bother walking down from the campsite so they crowd might fit in the Alt tent

2 hours ago, andyrhodes24 said:

Don't get me wrong, I know they've no reason to do it with no more tickets to shift but if ever there was a year for them to give something back to the punters this is it. Weren't Libertines nailed on to play? Not everyone would bother walking down from the campsite so they crowd might fit in the Alt tent

I can’t see it personally and definitely not in the alt tent. For a band that size it’d have to be main stage or nothing considering they’re a sub sized band and it’d be the only music on. Would be absolute carnage anywhere but a main stage

6 hours ago, nathanh said:

Helps me feel a little more positive that Reading will go ahead, though my main fear is that most of the bands I want to see are not from the UK.

If the likes of QOTSA, Fever333, Ho99o9,Spiritbox, Badflower and Cleopatrick pull out then I’m not left with much personally.

12 hours ago, iistroudley said:

My first gig when this is all normal is You Me At Six playing Hold Me Down in full at Kingston in mid July- proper buzzing for it

Unfortunate mate, thoughts are with you

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Helps me feel a little more positive that Reading will go ahead, though my main fear is that most of the bands I want to see are not from the UK.

If the likes of QOTSA, Fever333, Ho99o9,Spiritbox, Badflower and Cleopatrick pull out then I’m not left with much personally.

Still plenty of other good heavier acts on the line up worth checking out but I would be gutted the most about Fever 333 as they're probably the act I'm most looking forward too having got into them over the past year and I've never seen them live.