Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Subbing The Cure i’d say.

I think if you look at the initial 2017 it looks quite weak in places. Ed was huge like him or not and Biffy Clyro...compare to Janet and The Cure. Not often on Sunday night I could miss both headliner and sub.

I'd expect Lauryn Hill below Stormzy?

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Yes very odd. I'm hoping it''s not due to trying to have more female acts. 

Waste of a big slot and money if you ask me. Pointless artist. 

Couldn't disagree more on both fronts. 

If the predominance of women winds up the old blokes (of which I'm one) who want more indie rock in there then all the better and hats off to Emily ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Couldn't disagree more on both fronts. 

If the predominance of women winds up the old blokes (of which I'm one) who want more indie rock in there then all the better and hats off to Emily ?

I very keen that Emily is clearly trying to add more details artists. Just wish it was First Aid Kit and not Janet Jackson. I.E someone who's good.

Edited by danbailey80

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

I very keen that Emily is clearly trying to add more details artists. Just wish it was First Aid Kit and not Janet Jackson. I.E someone who's good.

First Aid Kit play nearly every year and have toured the UK 3 or 4 times in the past 18 months. In fact I'd expect them still to show up.

JJ is a far rarer and more unusual beast.

1 hour ago, H.M.V said:

Wtf is wrong with people. Fucks sake. 

Screenshot_20190315-131749.png

And have the BBC sued for millions by MJ's estate? Yeah what a great idea when you could be having fun instead.

Janet certainly has a following, not sure how many of them will be at Glastonbury though, and her casual appeal doesn't seem especially strong.

I can't wait! Some people tend to disrespect and underrate the legend Janet Jackson is. As I said, she would never accept to perform if she's not one of the headliners and she shouldn't. She literally sold more records than all these artists on the poster combined and had a much bigger influence on music, even indie music than any of them. I can't even remember how many amazing indie artists said she's one of their main inspirations, not to mention major stars. Her music is more important than her huge success and that's the best part.