Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

But back on topic, the only JJ tracks I know are:

the Scream one she did with MJ,

What Have You Done For Me Lately? (thanks Eddie Murphy)

That's The Way Love Goes

Everywhere

Have I really just missed a load somewhere??

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

But back on topic, the only JJ tracks I know are:

the Scream one she did with MJ,

What Have You Done For Me Lately? (thanks Eddie Murphy)

That's The Way Love Goes

Everywhere

Have I really just missed a load somewhere??

Far from her best but Together Again was pretty inescapable in the 90s

NME: We can all get behind the Jackson it’s still OK to like

Glastonbury-composite-1220x775.jpg

A certified pop superstar with 17 UK number one singles under her belt, Janet Jackson plays Glastonbury for the first time in 2019. The slot will mark the influential artist’s first UK show in eight years, and with stonking great bangers to her name like ‘Together Again’ ‘Nasty’ and ‘That’s The Way Love Goes’, it’s the booking that pop fans are raving about.

Janet Jackson’s enormous influence also ripples down the line-up. Christine and The Queens, whose latest album ‘Chris’ is heavily influenced by Jerry Jam and Terry Lewis’ dirty funk production with Jackson – has also been confirmed. Alt-pop artist Shura, who counts herself as a huge fan of Jackson’s 1997 record ‘The Velvet Rope’, is also playing, along with fellow fan and artist Janelle Monae (who will induct Jackson into the Rock ‘N’ Roll Hall of Fame later this year).

Jackson plays the festival just a couple of days after the 10th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s death; but don’t expect her to make any reference to her late brother, or indeed the serious sexual abuse allegations made against him (raised most recently in the Leaving Neverland documentary). Janet Jackson has long remained silent on the matter, and unlike certain other members of the Jackson family, she has never defended him publicly.

It’s a step in the right direction

Take a marker pen to the Glastonbury poster, scribble out all the blokes playing there, and it fares…. well, far better than a lot of other festivals out there. 42% of the acts announced for the festival so far are women, and whatsmore , the most exciting acts on this entire bill are the women. Sets that will be talked about long after the 2019 festival ends: Janelle Monae, Christine and the Queens, Little Simz, Lauryn Hill, Lizzo, Kylie. And as for Sheryl Crow?! Stone cold legend.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/biggest-talking-points-glastonbury-line-janet-jackson-lizzo-janelle-monae-2462270

Edited by jntsrb

44 minutes ago, jntsrb said:

I won't be replying here anymore on this topic. Only time will tell. She's one of the biggest music legends ever and of the most innovative artists. She deserves to be at this festival and that's all that matters. I'm just happy she'll finally be there, and people will be disrespecting her just like any other artist, depending on their musical taste and knowledge. That's normal.

You are stopping posting because people have a different opinion to you?  OK then.

As you run an unofficial fan club for Janet, could it possibly be that you are a little bit biased.  Is it that difficult to believe that not everyone likes her quite as much as you do.

Depending on who she's up against, I might go and see her if I'm free and can be bothered, but I don't really care either way.   She's just not relevant or a 'must see' act to most people in the UK, that's why she's not a headliner!

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Does she mime during her live performances?

Partly, she has complicated dance moves. But even that doesn't seem like that. Those vocals are pre-recorded and she has an amazing band. Sometimes she's 100% live, so this might be the case at the festival.

Edited by jntsrb