Janet Jackson Headlining?

LastWaltz

I only know one song of hers but she’s a big booking. I had a feeling she’d wind up at Glasto after seeing all those American festivals she did the past few years.

Also I find it funny she has the most US number 1’s of any artist on the planet and I struggle to name more than one of her songs

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

I only know one song of hers but she’s a big booking. I had a feeling she’d wind up at Glasto after seeing all those American festivals she did the past few years.

Also I find it funny she has the most US number 1’s of any artist on the planet and I struggle to name more than one of her songs

I don’t think that’s true. But she hasn’t had any number ones over here so it’s not really that surprising that people here aren’t so well-acquainted.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I had a look and couldn’t find that specific stat... but looking at the billboard top 100 records there were a lot of surprises... Including one that listed her, by one measure, as a more successful artist than her brother. She’s certainly a hell of a lot bigger there.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I don’t think that’s true. But she hasn’t had any number ones over here so it’s not really that surprising that people here aren’t so well-acquainted.

Yeah I got confused. Just checked now. 10 US #1s and something like 25 top 10 hits 

• 4 weeks later...

Janet Jackson apparently announced a residency in Las Vegas, which may or may not include the Glastonbury weekend.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/janet-jackson-to-perform-15-shows-at-the-park-mgm-1605624/

“Metamorphosis,” Jackson’s first extended engagement on the Strip, opens May 17 and runs 15 dates in May, July and August. The specific dates are May 17, 18, 21, 22, 25, 26; June 24, 26, 27, 31; and August 2, 3, 7, 9 and 10.

The "June 31" bit may be a clue that it's actually in July, in which case she'll still be free to do Glastonbury of course.

11 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

Janet Jackson apparently announced a residency in Las Vegas, which may or may not include the Glastonbury weekend.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/entertainment-columns/kats/janet-jackson-to-perform-15-shows-at-the-park-mgm-1605624/

The "June 31" bit may be a clue that it's actually in July, in which case she'll still be free to do Glastonbury of course.

Yeah they're July, she's still free for Glasto.

14 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

30 days has September...

8 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

But, er, with 1st-5th July, you would still have missed her even if those dates were June? :wacko:

Yeah I know, just annoying she has announced limited dates for the show. Still time for more to be announced I guess.. (one can dream)

But still the thought of Janet showing up at the farm is exciting ticket with or without a ticket this year!

14 hours ago, tevaburger said:

so here's the score....we are likely getting 2 divas coming over from Vegas residencies (yes, surely GaGa is joining BC in the Park and somewhere later in club dada '19 version), and we're not getting Macca because he's in Vegas over the weekend 

2 divas and 2 legends

https://www.brooks-dunn.com/tour/

reba-brooks-dunn-tickets_12-13-15_17_547

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Why would she? She can't be expected to be responsible for her brother's behaviour. 

Well considering the documentary alleges that the family and MJ’s team have actively covered up his activities. To the general public they aren’t exactly in a good light right now