Lawks! It's only the 2019 Next Announcement Thread!

Gnomicide

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So once the poster is released, does discussion then turn to figuring out who's playing which stage?

Yeah that's the fun of it, after the initial fun of the poster everyone works out it's really not that satisfying and poses more questions than it answers.

Then the big one comes and answers a loads of questions and keeps us busy a little longer.

I think what we all really want, deep down, is to just fucking get there and crack open a <insert your tipple of choice>

2 hours ago, Quark said:

It's also fun to ask @bennyhana22 how his planning is going.  The only man I know to do Glastonbury with a nailed down itinerary.

Quite frankly, the poster is useless to me!

There's precious little point beginning Operation Filleverymoment®️ until the whole shebang drops. When it does, so begins 3-3.5 weeks of the most intense work I undertake during the year!

I mean, a ridiculously busy minute-by-minute personal schedule doesn't create itself, you know!!!

:)

Ben 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Quite frankly, the poster is useless to me!

There's precious little point beginning Operation Filleverymoment®️ until the whole shebang drops. When it does, so begins 3-3.5 weeks of the most intense work I undertake during the year!

I mean, a ridiculously busy minute-by-minute personal schedule doesn't create itself, you know!!!

:)

Ben 

qq Ben, how would you manage if Glastonbury dropped the line up in your hand only as your walked through the gate.  I think it'd be an excellent way to shake things up a bit

A poster in a window is something old by way of announcing things.

If the podcast tomorrow has an announcement of  a headliner or similar then that is something new in how it was done.

So the next announcement will be something borrowed and the poster will then be something blue.

Yes, insanity has hit.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A poster in a window is something old by way of announcing things.

If the podcast tomorrow has an announcement of  a headliner or similar then that is something new in how it was done.

So the next announcement will be something borrowed and the poster will then be something blue.

Yes, insanity has hit.

Either that or Blue are headlining.

I think we were really spoilt with the headliner reveals in 2017 (or at least the first two - think Sheeran was just a standard ‘here’s your headliner’ thing). 

A poster in a window of somebody people thought would sub at best and then fuck all has just not had the same effect this year. Clearly big complicated reveals weren’t thought worthy of our remaining two ?

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I think we were really spoilt with the headliner reveals in 2017 (or at least the first two - think Sheeran was just a standard ‘here’s your headliner’ thing). 

A poster in a window of somebody people thought would sub at best and then fuck all has just not had the same effect this year. Clearly big complicated reveals weren’t thought worthy of our remaining two ?

The 2017 reveals summed up their performances.

Radiohead - Arty

Foo Fighters - Bombastic and OTT

Sheeran - Sort of shuffled out half apologising for just being there.

• Upvote 1