so, Stormzy then...?

eFestivals

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's what the haha was originally designed to do.

NOUN
haha (noun)
  1. a ditch with a wall on its inner side below ground level, forming a boundary to a park or garden without interrupting the view.

haha thats brilliant! i will never laugh in a post the same again.... har har!

25 minutes ago, Havors said:

I didnt change.... you are reading my posts out of order... :D I said deserve to as much... then i said... in a different conversation if i post act i think should headline before...

come on lets stop going around in circles about nothing haha 

You changed back to your original position in a later post :)

3 minutes ago, sime said:

And then he made another where he went further, saying others should headline before he does. That's the quote I was interested in. Not the original one.

Stop already! I have already told the other guy off! harhar apparently we are now 6 layers into inception and Stormzy is actually headlining every stage every night.... :D

Edited by Havors

7 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Sounds like you've only listened to 'Fit But Don't You Know It' if your opinion on The Streets is that they're a jokey band.

One of the pioneers of UK garage and urban music in general, Stormzy himself would tell you that.

Comparing them to Goldie Lookin' Chain is just ignorance.

Yep. Skinner has more credibility in his little finger. One of the greatest lyricists of that generation imo.

38 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Sounds like you've only listened to 'Fit But Don't You Know It' if your opinion on The Streets is that they're a jokey band.

One of the pioneers of UK garage and urban music in general, Stormzy himself would tell you that.

Comparing them to Goldie Lookin' Chain is just ignorance.

Fair enough. Dry your eye's 

35 minutes ago, Havors said:

Stop already! I have already told the other guy off! harhar apparently we are now 6 layers into inception and Stormzy is actually headlining every stage every night.... :D

Can't wait to go to Stormztonbury next June!

4 minutes ago, sime said:

Just standing my ground sir. Wouldn't you!?! ?

Nope. Genuinely nope.  I maintain my grip on my sanity by picking which battles to fight on how much of a difference they make to my life!  That way I keep my cheery disposition and don't end up spinning in small circles and flapping my hands wildly*

*bonus points to anyone who knows where that reference comes from!

1 hour ago, Havors said:

When did this forum become so bloody reasonable and level headed?? haha 

Hahaha. To be fair most on here are level headed. Can completely relate to people getting over passionate and enthusiastic, especially when it comes to music or festivals. In real life I don't know when to shut up talking about music and festivals.

1 hour ago, The Red Telephone said:

On the topics of Mums, the last two festivals mine went to were in 1970. IOW where she watched Jimi Hendrix, most probably off her face on acid. And the very first Glastonbury.

Now she reads the Daily Mail, votes tory and likes Ed Sheeran.

She does know who Stormzy is.

My Mum, everyone.

Yay, your Mum!**

Ben

**Obviously not the Daily Mail and Tory bits, but hey, my Mum ticks both of those boxes too. Hang on......

Edited by bennyhana22

26 minutes ago, Quark said:

Nope. Genuinely nope.  I maintain my grip on my sanity by picking which battles to fight on how much of a difference they make to my life!  That way I keep my cheery disposition and don't end up spinning in small circles and flapping my hands wildly*

*bonus points to anyone who knows where that reference comes from

Same here. But on occasion the discussion spins out of control anyway. 

28 minutes ago, Quark said:

*bonus points to anyone who knows where that reference comes from!

VengefulAbleAngelwingmussel-size_restric

2 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

On the topics of Mums, the last two festivals mine went to were in 1970. IOW where she watched Jimi Hendrix, most probably off her face on acid. And the very first Glastonbury.

Now she reads the Daily Mail, votes tory and likes Ed Sheeran.

She does know who Stormzy is.

My Mum, everyone.

the dangers of acid, it all seems fun and games till 30 years later your voting tory and reading the daily mail, i think iread something like that at boomtown while queuing for the loop

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, buffy394 said:

Ah I see.

I am a Stormzy fan and I thought he absolutely smashed it last year, a definite highlight. It just seems like a big punt, as I cant see a headline slot looking that different to his 2017 set.

I'd hope they feel happy taking a few risks with their bookings by now :)