Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

On 1/25/2019 at 10:33 AM, briddj said:

If you go straight across the A37 from Ditcheat you get told to turn around and go back even though you are basically on Worth View. We were anyway, told that you had to approach from further down the A37 and go in around the other way.

Strange. That’s the way I go every year!! 2014/15/16/17/19/22….never had a problem.

1 hour ago, Cooter said:

Blimey that makes the hill of death look flat and not deathly!

The path is also very rough with loose gravel and stones. I feared how it would look like if it pissed down. I understand that the festival had contingency measures to reopen the old steps that used to be used and are not part of the festival if it became dangerous .  IMO the old path was a lot better, hopefully the new one get some improvements before next summer 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

I dont remember having to get campervan tickets seperately last time, is it difficult?? Im going to be worried all over again!!

I have the festival tickets but if I cant get van tickets then I can't go - I just wouldnt take my kids in a tent 😞 Ive seen enough in my kid free years at festivals to know that I just wouldnt sleep!

Edited by gorfield

Just now, gorfield said:

I dont remember having to get campervan tickets seperately last time, is it difficult?? Im going to be worried all over again!!

I have the festival tickets but if I cant get van tickets then I can go - I just wouldnt take my kids in a tent 😞 Ive seen enough in my kid free years at festivals to know that I just wouldnt sleep!

It can be tricky but usually if you don't get them in the main sale you will get them in resale. Just a case of being patient. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Blimey that makes the hill of death look flat and not deathly!

not-walking me is planning to tackle the hill of death next year, hopefully i'll have electric wheels to help me.

As Glastonbury refuse to acknowledge the dozens of amazing craft breweries in the UK and insist on serving piss at inflated prices, I have a question on homebrew.

Anyone know if there's any rules for the campervans that would stop you bringing some corny kegs full of home brew and a gas bottle? 

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

2 hours ago, Shibs7788 said:

Would anyone recommend worthy view? How far a walk from the main festival site?

how bad is it if your tent is right at the back?

how many showers

is there straighteners and hairdryers? What’s the queue etc like?

If your tent is towards the back its a very long hump to/from most of the festival site. Most likely you are only going to be doing it once per day.  It took me well over an hour to get back from the John Peel to get some more cans one afternoon and that was before they extended WV further back.  Never did that again

20 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

As Glastonbury refuse to acknowledge the dozens of amazing craft breweries in the UK and insist on serving piss at inflated prices, I have a question on homebrew.

Anyone know if there's any rules for the campervans that would stop you bringing some corny kegs full of home brew and a gas bottle? 

As long as you're not selling it then I can't see a problem arising.

2 hours ago, Shibs7788 said:

how many showers

Yes. A fair walk but nice meander through greenfields. Just further to walk but on the flat. Not there last year but they were open at least twice a day.  Quite a queue at busy times. There are but they cost £5-10

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

you could use a bottle filler and fill some plastic bottles that way you could take them in on site also, this is the option I'm looking to go with......

3 hours ago, Shibs7788 said:

how many showers

We’ve used WV for last few years and camped in general camping before that. There’s a separate car park for WV which means no queueing and no walking for miles with all your kit. It makes a massive difference.

4 minutes ago, Jon F said:

what was the car park for sticklinch like?   both in terms of distance from tent and getting in and out?  we've always worthy viewed in the past but worried about that hill if it's a muddy one 

Next door. And absolutely brilliant - straight in and out.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CiaranMc said:

if you’re staying in Worthy View the Pennard Lock Up is REALLY your best friend if I recall. We leaned pretty hard on it.

I would call it the Tipi Field lockup cause if youre walking that way thats where it is by. It was literally next to the Hare Krishna tent since they moved though.

If you dont mind the walk up and down, its worth it. Easiest arrival to there if youre not driving is if you take the train and then take the shuttle to WV. You avoid having to go to the coach arrival and waiting in that shuttle line which can take ages even though they had 4 coaches moving  people around.