Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

13 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone know exactly where the turn off for worthy view from the Glastonbury to pilton road is? Been once before but can’t remember where I left the main road. I had a look atgoogle maps but there are a few possible roads. 

It is signposted but be careful not to miss it I did last time 

33 minutes ago, Phoenix Girl said:

I didn’t know you could come in to WV from the North but we always approach from Ditcheat and straight across the A37 if that helps. 

If you go straight across the A37 from Ditcheat you get told to turn around and go back even though you are basically on Worth View. We were anyway, told that you had to approach from further down the A37 and go in around the other way.

8 minutes ago, briddj said:

If you go straight across the A37 from Ditcheat you get told to turn around and go back even though you are basically on Worth View. We were anyway, told that you had to approach from further down the A37 and go in around the other way.

Must be mistaken then. I always thought we went straight across but maybe we turned left then right further down. 

Last time was in 2016, stuck in the glastonbury town to pilton traffic and missed the WV turn off. Seems the sign had been knocked over. Did a u turn and eventually found the turn off coming from the other direction. Once off the main road it was quick and easy to find the camp site. Maybe A bigger sign from the main road would help? 

On 1/25/2019 at 10:42 AM, Phoenix Girl said:

Must be mistaken then. I always thought we went straight across but maybe we turned left then right further down. 

Think the one way system in the lanes around WV prevent certain routes being used. I know that when we left the last time we had to head in the opposite direction that I had hoped to go in.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure I've read elsewhere on the forum that there is a WV resale this year (I can't remember if it was advised that there has been a WV resale previously / it's a new thing / I might have dreamt it)? If it is an actual thing, does anybody know when it is? I am assuming if so it's/it'll be the usual scramble?

3 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

I'm sure I've read elsewhere on the forum that there is a WV resale this year (I can't remember if it was advised that there has been a WV resale previously / it's a new thing / I might have dreamt it)? If it is an actual thing, does anybody know when it is? I am assuming if so it's/it'll be the usual scramble?

Previously WV tents go back on sale as when people cancel them. I'd imagine after the balance paying period more WV will become available. The first year I went to WV we wanted two bell tents but had to get four scouts as they sold out. I just kept checking the site and eventually the bells became available we cancelled the other tents and got the ones we wanted. My advice is keep checking the booking page, especially after the balance and resale.

4 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

It seems like it's a new thing as rather than cancelled tents reappearing, they said there would be another sale.

50 minutes ago, djdavejohnson said:

In the past you were advised to check all the time as any cancellations are put back up for sale , this year I am sure they said there would be a resale date in April.  

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Does anyone recall there being a "secret" tipi resale in 2017 or previous years? I've set up Neils page checker but just wondering the likelihood based on previous years :)

yes. I bought one in May that year using a page tracker. 

3 minutes ago, ledwards said:

Superb! do you recommend them? Hoping to split between 4 of us

Will be taking my laptop to all my meetings for the foreseeable..

yes. i would definitely recommend. they're pretty basic inside - just a hessian carpet. but you'll have loads of room with four of you in there and the location is really great. have done it a few times in the past and would happily do it again. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
48 minutes ago, gazzared said:

normally 3/4 weeks after

It's pretty much this, give a a week or so and they'll announce the accommodation details and the sale is likely in about 4 weeks time.

It's worth remembering that it's so easy to pick to pick up accommodation in a resale too in April time, this year there were options a good few weeks after the resale. 

Edited by Ozanne