Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, Hutchmaster said:

I know the sale is usually 3-4 weeks after the main sale, but that would bring us to just a couple of weeks before Christmas. Is it possible they'll wait until the new year for the WV/Sticklinch sale?

Looking at the link on the Glastonbury website it states:

".....2023 prices will be updated in the New Year"

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/tent-types-and-prices/

7 hours ago, clarkete said:

You sure the co op weren't selling these? 

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/20223380.herefordshire-brand-will-crisps-sold-glastonbury-festival/

Very unlikely that would put their planning so much further out. 

Still to set foot in the on-site  co op but as far as I know only Sticklinch stopped people bringing crisps in 🤷‍♀️ 

6 hours ago, Picles said:

For the Tipi sale, do you need to give the name of all the 6 occupants or just one lead booker is fine?

I still haven't defined who I'm sharing it with but definitely going to try as soon as they come available. 

Always used to be the lead booker, but not been successful for 5 years...

3 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Still to set foot in the on-site  co op but as far as I know only Sticklinch stopped people bringing crisps in 🤷‍♀️ 

It happened at at least a couple of the main gates as well, albeit not consistently across different security at the same gate. It was never a rule intended for the public, nor to be specific to one area. It was just a fuck up with some security not realising that the restriction on what traders could bring in (to sell) didn't apply to what the public could bring in for themselves.

6 hours ago, Picles said:

For the Tipi sale, do you need to give the name of all the 6 occupants or just one lead booker is fine?

I still haven't defined who I'm sharing it with but definitely going to try as soon as they come available. 

you kinda do but you could put in the teletubbies and it wouldnt matter. you just buy what you need and can put in whatever you want for the names. you get a bardcode which only allows X numbetr of scans for your tent size. just give the barcode to the ppl staying in it and all is fine. I put some names in  incorrectly when buying and it didnt matter at all.

thats how i remember it last year anyway.

3 hours ago, incident said:

It happened at at least a couple of the main gates as well, albeit not consistently across different security at the same gate. It was never a rule intended for the public, nor to be specific to one area. It was just a fuck up with some security not realising that the restriction on what traders could bring in (to sell) didn't apply to what the public could bring in for themselves.

Interesting! 

12 hours ago, Picles said:

Just the lead booker. You basically get to dictate at the tipi reception who gets other wristbands 

1 hour ago, TJGthree said:

Does anyone know if it’s lets you buy more than one tipi in a single booking? We have two groups hoping to get one, wondering if we could just buy two in one transaction, or whether we need to be lucky enough to get through to the booking page twice…! 

With Sticklinch and WV I think the limit was 2 units per order. You’d assume Tipis are the same. 

Edited by Alvoram

13 hours ago, TJGthree said:

Does anyone know if it’s lets you buy more than one tipi in a single booking? We have two groups hoping to get one, wondering if we could just buy two in one transaction, or whether we need to be lucky enough to get through to the booking page twice…! 

In the past you've been able to buy two in the same transaction cos I did it one year (2017).

But - genuinely - it's as difficult as getting a ticket in the first place.

1 minute ago, Kellsy_81 said:

Hi, Hope you're all well.  I missed out on grabbing tickets last Sunday but I'm hoping to bag some in the resale next spring. My question is, would it be to late to book a campervan spot if I miraculously somehow got luck in the resale? how does that work? 

This year they did a campervan resale a few hours after the main resale 👍

8 minutes ago, Kellsy_81 said:

Hi, Hope you're all well.  I missed out on grabbing tickets last Sunday but I'm hoping to bag some in the resale next spring. My question is, would it be to late to book a campervan spot if I miraculously somehow got lucky in the resale? how does that work? 

They do have a resale but they went incredibly quickly last time. Bath & West was the only option once I got in.

It was easier to get the other accommodation options and even a tipi was showing as available when campers were all gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t0paz said:

They do have a resale but they went incredibly quickly last time. Bath & West was the only option once I got in.

It was easier to get the other accommodation options and even a tipi was showing as available when campers were all gone.

The same happened to us for this years festival. The east camper field was the original plan but only bath and west when I managed to get in. 

The short bus ride wasn't to bad in and out 

Me and friends are considering tipis next year.

Do tipis allow for parking in worthy view? If so is it extra to park there and how many cars can you bring(not gonna fit 6 people in 1 car)

Is there compartments for privacy? 

We have 7 tickets, will they allow all of us in with a squeeze or is it pretty hard and fast 6 limit?

7 minutes ago, skillfulperson said:

For anyone considering a Tipi for next year, can I suggest booking with my friend Sam. Her Tipi's are on site, within the Tipi field next to the Park. They're probably cheaper than offsite alternatives, are actually on site and your cash will be going to proper old school festival goers not some soulless company cynically exploiting the festival.

Keep it real!

Here's her website, Glastonbury link not up yet but you could contact her

http://www.wigwamsam.co.uk/glastonbury-womad-festival-tipi-hire.htm

Edited by Skip997

8 minutes ago, skillfulperson said:

Do tipis allow for parking in worthy view? If so is it extra to park there and how many cars can you bring(not gonna fit 6 people in 1 car)

Is there compartments for privacy? 

We have 7 tickets, will they allow all of us in with a squeeze or is it pretty hard and fast 6 limit?

There's no parking included and no compartments for privacy.

And a hard and fast 6 maximum wristbands per booking.

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

For anyone considering a Tipi for next year, can I suggest booking with my friend Sam. Her Tipi's are on site, within the Tipi field next to the Park. They're probably cheaper than offsite alternatives, are actually on site and your cash will be going to proper old school festival goers not some soulless company cynically exploiting the festival.

Keep it real!

Here's her website, Glastonbury link not up yet but you could contact her

http://www.wigwamsam.co.uk/glastonbury-womad-festival-tipi-hire.htm

Interesting - any idea of prices?