Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

B&W does host NASS festival a couple weeks after Glastonbury and so needs to be turned around from hosting Campervans to a full festival site in ~9 days. I know that a lot of the infrastructure at the B&W is fixed, but that still seems like a fairly tight timescale for a festival build, let alone factoring in any cleanup needed. Maybe that's a consideration?

11 minutes ago, incident said:

B&W does host NASS festival a couple weeks after Glastonbury and so needs to be turned around from hosting Campervans to a full festival site in ~9 days. I know that a lot of the infrastructure at the B&W is fixed, but that still seems like a fairly tight timescale for a festival build, let alone factoring in any cleanup needed. Maybe that's a consideration?

There's almost nothing to turn around.

22 minutes ago, incident said:

B&W host big events on back to back weekends I think. The campervan setup is mostly space and a few toilets and a food van. There really isn’t much to it. The site is already the drop off point so there needs to be a level of infrastructure there anyway.

4 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Not sure what's happening this year (I've heard bath and west is removed?) But generally all the campervan fields are to the east of pedestrian gate c

There's a ridiculous system of exiting and entertaining each day that means queueing up as if it's your first time and getting tickets scanned each day, could easily be avoided by issuing a campervan wristband but for some reason they don't do that

It's for protection against fraud presumably. 

You have wrist band and ticket, plus a pass out in the cv area. 

Given that people share videos of how successful they are slipping wristbands in other parts of the festival and the CV fields are massive and easier to access, then it stands to reason they need to make it more of a pain. 

I've stayed there quite a bit and rarely waited long - given the walk I set out for the day. Many do that and stash their extra kit in lock ups. 

6 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

Yes. We’ve stayed there 14/15/16/17/19/22 in various tents, 4 man (4 of us, too tight!), 8 man (4 of us, very roomy), bell tent (4 of us, wonderful) and 2 man scouts (very spacious for 2, we have 3 tents next to each other). Tents are canvas, so nice and cool.

The car park is in the next field, so your tent is a 10 min walk from the car MAX. There are lovely people with wheelbarrows to help when you arrive too. This is the main advantage. 

It’s about 10 mins walk downhill to Pennard Hill Gate, which is next to Strummerville and the Stone Circle field. We always call into Strummerville for a nightcap on the way back up. 

The hill…it’s VERY steep, but if you’re average fitness you’ll get up it in 10 mins or so. Stop for a breather and admire the view on the way. If you have mobility issues don’t stay in WV, go to Sticklinch. Our tents have been in various locations but usually towards the back, which takes another 10 mins or so after navigating the hill.

Showers are plenty (around 40 for women, and 40 for men) and are now all private cubicles. The queues go down quickly. I’ve never queued for more than 20 mins. There is a pamper parlour with hairdryers and straighteners, but you pay a fee and it’s not cheap. I don’t bother, just braid my hair and use my own battery straighteners for my fringe.

Hope that helps, but DM me if you have specific questions. X

Thanks so much for this really useful info xx

5 hours ago, spcdust said:

Given that 2022 was the first year that coach ticket holders were given priority booking for Worthy View were there still plenty of tents available for general ticket holders to get (thinking 2 Man Scout Tents) if you logged in as soon as tickets for general ticket holders went on sale?

We got in no problem last year.  I think that having Stinklinch as well has probably offset the coach ticket priority

Not managed to get tickets since 2014 until Sunday….Still buzzing!

We’ve always gone motorhome but last time I went, you could pick them up fairly easily. Anyone know what it’s like now? Do I need to hype myself up again for manic F5-ing? Or is it slightly easier? 

16 minutes ago, CJB said:

Haha really?? What’s that all about?? Hadn’t heard of this

Security confiscated any crisps in foil packets due to a cow related injury. I thought they were joking until we saw a pile full of them. Made the decision to leave my mega multipack of munchies in the car. Turned out to be someone interpreting the rules rather over zealously! No one.stopped the on site co op! 

Edited by Wherethewildthingsare
Added “on-site”

14 hours ago, EFC1996 said:

Anybody know what the security is like on WV? Heard a few rumours that they are quite strict with searches etc 

Searched on the way in and the one time I returned to the car to pick up some more supplies.  Wristbands checked leaving the site when going back up the hill. 

10 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Security confiscated any crisps in foil packets due to a cow related injury. I thought they were joking until we saw a pile full of them. Made the decision to leave my mega multipack of munchies in the car. Turned out to be someone interpreting the rules rather over zealously! No one.stopped the on site co op! 

You sure the co op weren't selling these? 

https://www.herefordtimes.com/news/20223380.herefordshire-brand-will-crisps-sold-glastonbury-festival/

12 minutes ago, Hutchmaster said:

I know the sale is usually 3-4 weeks after the main sale, but that would bring us to just a couple of weeks before Christmas. Is it possible they'll wait until the new year for the WV/Sticklinch sale?

Very unlikely that would put their planning so much further out. 

6 minutes ago, Mr_Grump said:

Do emails get sent to all ticket holders to advise the date of Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis sales? Or is it a case of keeping an ear to the ground?

I can't recall if it's a specific ticket holder email but you'll find out easily enough, the festival publish details & the date well before the sale date, and it'll be on efestivals instantly so you can't really miss it. Good luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hutchmaster said:

I know the sale is usually 3-4 weeks after the main sale, but that would bring us to just a couple of weeks before Christmas. Is it possible they'll wait until the new year for the WV/Sticklinch sale?

The updated info on the site says later in the autumn. No reason to think that’s changing