Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

2 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

As Glastonbury refuse to acknowledge the dozens of amazing craft breweries in the UK and insist on serving piss at inflated prices, I have a question on homebrew.

Anyone know if there's any rules for the campervans that would stop you bringing some corny kegs full of home brew and a gas bottle? 

We’ve had kegs of homebrew in Campervan east before, a great breakfast 😀

33 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Yes, if you arrive early Tuesday you’ll be very close. If you’re later in the day it may not make much difference.

Thanks, this year was our first camper experience as we had a lockdown baby so got a resale one.

I've never really cared for where we camp, but was insanely jealous of those vans that got to line up along the crest of the hill and spend their evenings overlooking the festival, it must be incredible

1 hour ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Thanks, this year was our first camper experience as we had a lockdown baby so got a resale one.

I've never really cared for where we camp, but was insanely jealous of those vans that got to line up along the crest of the hill and spend their evenings overlooking the festival, it must be incredible

I guess so, but you won’t get those positions, most of them work at the festival and got in before the Tuesday. We arrived 8am Tuesday when it opened and were 100m from the top of the hill of death. That’s as close as I’ve ever been.

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I guess so, but you won’t get those positions, most of them work at the festival and got in before the Tuesday. We arrived 8am Tuesday when it opened and were 100m from the top of the hill of death. That’s as close as I’ve ever been.

I have got there once, back in 2017. You need to be on a list to get into that field which is for people with accessible needs (me) or crew. I knew one of the stewards from previous years and he let us pitch up at the front to the right of where the box office was back then. It was an amazing experience and great for people watching! 

6 hours ago, topmarksbri said:

If I remember rightly there's no shuttle to Sitcklinch is there? Coaching down so would be a schlepp otherwise. if you're staying in either do you get your wristband from the campsites or do you have to go in and then go over to your accom (if that makes sense)

Walk through PGA, get band, flat walk to Sticklinch. 

Pack lightish, don't carry loads of cans. I found it OK and I'm an old git. 

Glastonbury-Access_map_2022_Final_2_web.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, netspy said:

We can expect a massive increase in the price of tipis.

Last year (well, in 2020) it was £1150, the advertised price for 2023 is £1500:
https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/#CAR

Wow, that is a lot! Was thinking of trying a tipi this year but maybe not. I’ll be interested to see the WV and SL prices then as we can expect them to go up a lot too

19 hours ago, Shibs7788 said:

Would anyone recommend worthy view? How far a walk from the main festival site?

how bad is it if your tent is right at the back?

how many showers

is there straighteners and hairdryers? What’s the queue etc like?

Yes. We’ve stayed there 14/15/16/17/19/22 in various tents, 4 man (4 of us, too tight!), 8 man (4 of us, very roomy), bell tent (4 of us, wonderful) and 2 man scouts (very spacious for 2, we have 3 tents next to each other). Tents are canvas, so nice and cool.

The car park is in the next field, so your tent is a 10 min walk from the car MAX. There are lovely people with wheelbarrows to help when you arrive too. This is the main advantage. 

It’s about 10 mins walk downhill to Pennard Hill Gate, which is next to Strummerville and the Stone Circle field. We always call into Strummerville for a nightcap on the way back up. 

The hill…it’s VERY steep, but if you’re average fitness you’ll get up it in 10 mins or so. Stop for a breather and admire the view on the way. If you have mobility issues don’t stay in WV, go to Sticklinch. Our tents have been in various locations but usually towards the back, which takes another 10 mins or so after navigating the hill.

Showers are plenty (around 40 for women, and 40 for men) and are now all private cubicles. The queues go down quickly. I’ve never queued for more than 20 mins. There is a pamper parlour with hairdryers and straighteners, but you pay a fee and it’s not cheap. I don’t bother, just braid my hair and use my own battery straighteners for my fringe.

Hope that helps, but DM me if you have specific questions. X

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Really sorry all if this has been answered (I've genuinely looked but can't quite grasp it completely) forgiveth me. 

Is there a map showing which areas are for Campervans/Motorhomes etc only? 

4 of us going in a long-wheel base Campervan. 

Not sure what's happening this year (I've heard bath and west is removed?) But generally all the campervan fields are to the east of pedestrian gate c

There's a ridiculous system of exiting and entertaining each day that means queueing up as if it's your first time and getting tickets scanned each day, could easily be avoided by issuing a campervan wristband but for some reason they don't do that

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Not sure what's happening this year (I've heard bath and west is removed?) But generally all the campervan fields are to the east of pedestrian gate c

There's a ridiculous system of exiting and entertaining each day that means queueing up as if it's your first time and getting tickets scanned each day, could easily be avoided by issuing a campervan wristband but for some reason they don't do that

As in you pack up your van and go out for supplies or whatever?

I'd assumed that was just nowhere near worth the hassle at Glastonbury. 

2 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

As in you pack up your van and go out for supplies or whatever?

I'd assumed that was just nowhere near worth the hassle at Glastonbury. 

No sorry, just that the campervan fields are outside the festival in terms of normal camping. So each night you "leave" the festival grounds and get an exit ticket, then you present that with your festival ticket each time you come back in the next day (for normal camping once you're in the festival that's it no more need for tickets etc )

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

No sorry, just that the campervan fields are outside the festival in terms of normal camping. So each night you "leave" the festival grounds and get an exit ticket, then you present that with your festival ticket each time you come back in the next day (for normal camping once you're in the festival that's it no more need for tickets etc )

Oh I see, that seems a rather antiquated system.

Better not forget the old festival ticket after a big night 🥴

10 minutes ago, CY 2019 said:

Does anyone know when the campervan sale is likely to be?

They’ve said it will be in the Autumn. So technically before the 1st December.

Whether the delayed ticket sale means that will be delayed too remains to be seen.

34 minutes ago, t0paz said:

Really? I thought B&W had always been a success as far as the festival are concerned.

From looking at the Campervans & Caravans info on the official website, B&W will be used again in 2023...

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/accommodation/info-campervans-and-caravans/

With it being a showground, I'd assume it's going to be relatively flat & have good drainage...but I may be wrong.

Given that 2022 was the first year that coach ticket holders were given priority booking for Worthy View were there still plenty of tents available for general ticket holders to get (thinking 2 Man Scout Tents) if you logged in as soon as tickets for general ticket holders went on sale?

1 hour ago, NotAnInsider said:

The 2023 ticket info page mentions large motorhome pitches which have always been B&W only so i think we can be pretty confident it's back. 

They were only moved to B&W after the 2016 mud bath getting into the campervan fields caused traffic chaos. I was redirected to B&W that year and it became the only option for large motor homes afterwards. It’s possible they’ve decided to revert to the old way but I doubt it. If anything they’ve been expanding it year on year and must be a good earner for B&W.

3 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

You also get a ‘pass out’ which you have to keep and hand in along with your physical ticket when you back through the gates. It’s a right faff and a few people lost theirs when I worked the festival.