Campervan, Worthy View & Tipis Sale Date

Gnomicide

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Worthy view car park should be open on Tuesday night, like other car parks, for early and overnight arrivals.   

Isn't that a bit like those people that queue for ages to get on a flight even though they have seat numbers? The tents are pre-erected so no need to sleep or queue overnight. People do that to get prime camping spots in Big Ground and Pennards. 

If I was in WV I wouldn't be queuing overnight. I'd be getting a good kip before I camped for 5 days. That's me though. 

26 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Isn't that a bit like those people that queue for ages to get on a flight even though they have seat numbers? The tents are pre-erected so no need to sleep or queue overnight. People do that to get prime camping spots in Big Ground and Pennards. 

If I was in WV I wouldn't be queuing overnight. I'd be getting a good kip before I camped for 5 days. That's me though. 

Driving down from the west of Scotland so the last thing we need is to get stuck in a 4 hour queue on the road from Glastonbury town to the site in the morning as has happened in the past. (2016 was really bad)So arriving during the night is a great option, settle down in the car then straight to the tent.  Anyway usually too excited to ? 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Driving down from the west of Scotland so the last thing we need is to get stuck in a 4 hour queue on the road from Glastonbury town to the site in the morning as has happened in the past. (2016 was really bad)So arriving during the night is a great option, settle down in the car then straight to the tent.  Anyway usually too excited to ? 

I get what you're saying. We're in CV East for the first time this year but we're staying at a local campsite for the night and probably somewhere mid way along the way the night before. Coming from Cumbria with a shed. Still wouldn't want to spend the night in a carpark the night before. 

38 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

I get what you're saying. We're in CV East for the first time this year but we're staying at a local campsite for the night and probably somewhere mid way along the way the night before. Coming from Cumbria with a shed. Still wouldn't want to spend the night in a carpark the night before. 

Slept in the car last year in the car park across the field to gate A. Was bloody hot that Tuesday night. Actually had a good time with others parked nearby, took the opportunity to lighten the load of lager that was to be carried into the festival. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Lyons_89 said:

Hi guys, daft question but couldnt seem to find an answer anywhere...... I have been offered a campervan this year, does anyone know if there is a campervan ticket resale? Thanks!

Yes, probably, sometime in April most likely, although limited numbers available judging by recent years.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 6:58 PM, H.M.V said:

Yep, in a BnB about ten mins away. Having shelled out a huge wedge to secure a WV pitch (not my effin idea it has to be said) I figured I may as well use it to my advantage and get a really good nights kip. 

Previous Weds nights have been a struggle due to getting up silly early on the morning, especially last year when stood up for 5 hours in the heat queuing 

On 11/22/2018 at 12:39 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Worthy view car park should be open on Tuesday night, like other car parks, for early and overnight arrivals.   

Why?? haha there is not traffic for Worthy view in my experience. We rocked up about 12pm last year and there was no traffic and hardly any cars in the car park

1 hour ago, Havors said:

Why?? haha there is not traffic for Worthy view in my experience. We rocked up about 12pm last year and there was no traffic and hardly any cars in the car park

I realise that but driving down overnight so may arrive before Festival gates open. Only did WV once, back in 2016 and the problem wasn’t getting into WV, the problem was the road from way before Glastonbury town and the turn off for worthy view,  more that 5 hours stuck in traffic. Mind you that was the year of the great mud. After 12 hour drive from way up north I would rather get in early and wait for gates to open than do that again. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I realise that but driving down overnight so may arrive before Festival gates open. Only did WV once, back in 2016 and the problem wasn’t getting into WV, the problem was the road from way before Glastonbury town and the turn off for worthy view,  more that 5 hours stuck in traffic. Mind you that was the year of the great mud. After 12 hour drive from way up north I would rather get in early and wait for gates to open than do that again. 

That was a particularly bad year. The trick is also not to come from that direction.... we circle round and come in to Glasto from the South East side... miss the traffic of the whole of the north of england coming down. 

54 minutes ago, Havors said:

That was a particularly bad year. The trick is also not to come from that direction.... we circle round and come in to Glasto from the South East side... miss the traffic of the whole of the north of england coming down. 

Cheers, will have a look at that route 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SeaBear said:

Any news on Worthy view or tipis? I've been refreshing every day hoping one would turn up ?

Nothing. My guess is the best time will be around/after the resale. I know people who bought extra tents for people who didn't yet have tickets, so if they fail in the resale they will be cancelled and go back on sale.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 4:50 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cheers, will have a look at that route 

We did that last year too (driving from Glasgow) and it was a piece of piss. We actually stopped for a quick beer at a pub near the festival given how much time we had (and the fact it was absolutely scorching, it was nice to be out of the car for 45 mins or so)