The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

P

1 hour ago, Titters said:

Thanks to @DesperateDad 's pointed, I've updated the table with last week's (and yesterday's) reading from a weather station located near Castle Cary.

This reflects the thoughts that that area had missed the worst of Friday's rain, and make for better reading: 

Fest.jpg

I really wish people would look and just acknowledge we’ve had FA rain all year in comparison to previous years.  Stop worrying about a few days rain on the build up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

There are some 'apocalyptic weather' click bait predictions too. Probably trying to get featured in the Mail.

Been glued to that netweather thread since the link was posted up on here Friday! God they are a negative bunch aren’t they?! Do you post on there then?

45 minutes ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Been glued to that netweather thread since the link was posted up on here Friday! God they are a negative bunch aren’t they?! Do you post on there then?

Depends which thread you're following. I follow the one Jackone does and have for years. He's usually pretty accurate, but not committing to anything yet as it's too far out of range. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91776-glastonbury-festival-26–30-june-2019/page/2/

Edited by Duggyfresh44

3 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Depends which thread you're following. I follow the one Jackone does and have for years. He's usually pretty accurate, but not committing to anything yet as it's too far out of range. 

https://www.netweather.tv/forum/topic/91776-glastonbury-festival-26–30-june-2019/page/2/

Ah right, thought I’d seen your name on there somewhere. I have been following that thread, but am also now looking at the model output thread as it gives me a more regular weather fix. 

7 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Although I do recall he didn't get 2017 or the outrages 2010 ones right. 

In fact they all change their minds so much in the run up, the fact that they are right, at some point along the predictions makes me smile ?

1 hour ago, bigfurbdogg said:

Been glued to that netweather thread since the link was posted up on here Friday! God they are a negative bunch aren’t they?!

They want exciting weather and drama - long prolonged periods of high pressure and pleasant weather is boring for them.

Any prediction now is just a stab at the possibilities, it's still that a day away if you want weather for a precise spot. What we know is that the ground is very dry to quite deep and while there's definitely some wet next week it looks much drier after that -  anything past that is a guess still.

1 hour ago, elbongo said:

Although I do recall he didn't get 2017 or the outrages 2010 ones right. 

In fact they all change their minds so much in the run up, the fact that they are right, at some point along the predictions makes me smile ?

Ah. Have to admit I didn't go in either 2010 or 2017 (think 2010 would have been too much for me heatwise anyway from what I've heard) so I wasn't checking his forecasts then. I guess it's all just educated speculation isn't it?

2 hours ago, Titters said:

That's just the reading from yesterday. 

Yesterday isn’t 2 weeks prior either? ?

I would’ve thought that this week Mon - Sun was 3 weeks out, next week 2 weeks out, then 1, then festival week?

I do appreciate the work though!

Edited by fightoffyour

Absolutely belted down in my part of Bristol for about an hour earlier this afternoon. Been pretty good all morning and now it's cleared but overcast. 

So long as the worst of it keeps missing the site we'll be fine.

45 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Yesterday isn’t 2 weeks prior either? ?

I would’ve thought that this week Mon - Sun was 3 weeks out, next week 2 weeks out, then 1, then festival week?

I do appreciate the work though!

Fair point! 

I've been counting forwards not backwards. 

I'll correct that later in the week when we're actually 2 weeks out. 

I blame my hangover. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Titters said:

Fair point! 

I've been counting forwards not backwards. 

I'll correct that later in the week when we're actually 2 weeks out. 

I blame my hangover. 

I'm stewarding with Oxfam and onsite from the Monday so 2 weeks out is tomorrow for me!