The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Thanks to @DesperateDad 's pointed, I've updated the table with last week's (and yesterday's) reading from a weather station located near Castle Cary.

This reflects the thoughts that that area had missed the worst of Friday's rain, and make for better reading: 

Fest.jpg

Edited by Titters
I forgot how numbers work
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

5 minutes ago, Titters said:

Thanks to @DesperateDad 's pointed, I've updated the table with last week's (and yesterday's) reading from a weather station located near Castle Cary.

This reflects the thoughts that that area had missed the worst of Friday's rain, and make for better reading: 

Fest.jpg

Much better!!!!

looks like next week might be the ground killer though....

Edited by Duggyfresh44

Also, the squiggly line rain graph thing now has the festival within the time frame. 

As pointed out earlier, this suggests some pretty average weather this coming week, but settling down after that... Though I think this based on a combination of dice and tarot cards.

prcpSomerset0906.png

7 minutes ago, Titters said:

Fest.jpg

Aren't the numbers the same? (51, 157) - sorry if I'm being thick.

Edited by briddj

2 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Much better!!!!

looks like next week might be the ground killer though....

Unless its really persistent (anything over, say, 35mm??) the ground should be OK if the following week is pretty dry. May was the driest since sometime before 2007, so it's not water falling on top of water. 

7 minutes ago, Titters said:

Unless its really persistent (anything over, say, 35mm??) the ground should be OK if the following week is pretty dry. May was the driest since sometime before 2007, so it's not water falling on top of water. 

Good - I'm not seeing any current forecasts for over about 20mm for next week. So fingers crossed. 

With the netweather forum, people need to take into account that they are looking for a heatwave. We don't need that. All we need is 20-22 and not much rain. That will be absolutely perfect for us. So if they are saying "no signs of a good summer breaking through" that is not necessarily a bad thing for Glasto as an outlook.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

With the netweather forum, people need to take into account that they are looking for a heatwave. We don't need that. All we need is 20-22 and not much rain. That will be absolutely perfect for us. So if they are saying "no signs of a good summer breaking through" that is not necessarily a bad thing for Glasto as an outlook.

Totally agree. Nice to have some sunshine but not too hot. 

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

There are some 'apocalyptic weather' click bait predictions too. Probably trying to get featured in the Mail.

46 minutes ago, Titters said:

Fest.jpg

I have just stared at that data for an inordinate amount of time and have come to the conclusion there is no pattern.

might just go look again to double check ?

Just going by here (Liverpool) we have had 32.3mm over Friday and Saturday recorded on my rain gauge.

Just been the field with the dogs and you wouldn't know it had rained. A dry(ish) winter and May means the ground has dealt with the rain well.

From what I can see similar conditions down at the farm so I am not worrying yet. Hopefully get any rain out of the way before the festival (Not too much though) and happy days.

I think we should all chip in for an on site weather station that posts to the internet so we have exact data :0)

Edited by faymondo

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Alright, time to barge into this thread with some completely baseless positivity. It’s going to be fine!! A few little showers on the run up but history will record 2019 as a dry, warm festival. Yes!!!! 

I’ve always liked you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Alright, time to barge into this thread with some completely baseless positivity. It’s going to be fine!! A few little showers on the run up but history will record 2019 as a dry, warm festival. Yes!!!! 

Just what we needed a little clarity :) 

1 hour ago, Titters said:

Fest.jpg

Slight concern that by the looks of it last year would’ve been mega if it was on, as was the year before of course ? Can our luck continue?