The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

5 hours ago, sedra said:

Been so windy today that any wetness out there should be nicely dried up by now! 

No wind here in Pilton though. The ground is dry because we only had a bit of rain on Friday morning and a little first thing Saturday. Other than that we have missed all the storms.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

No wind here in Pilton though. The ground is dry because we only had a bit of rain on Friday morning and a little first thing Saturday. Other than that we have missed all the storms.

Great news that. Absolutely hammered down on and off the last few days in Bristol.

1 minute ago, dccool said:

Thursday friday pretty torrential off and on in bs16. I worked sat morning in bs37 where it drizzled but stayed dry at home. 

Goes to show how localised the showers can be.

4 minutes ago, Wurzelcat said:

Has been on and off in BS9 Thursday and Friday, yesterday was dry though

Tis a crazy world ??

3 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-2019s-weather-forecast-headliners-16399574.amp

Anyone who can’t make the effort to spell ‘Pilton’ correctly just shouldn’t be trusted...

https://m.accuweather.com/en/it/piton/2551928/daily-weather-forecast/2551928?day=13

Id take Piton... 30s everyday!

6 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/glastonbury-2019s-weather-forecast-headliners-16399574.amp

Anyone who can’t make the effort to spell ‘Pilton’ correctly just shouldn’t be trusted...

Good point. And from what's been said here it's mostly missed 'Piton' anyway, so sounds like BS to me.

2 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Thanks for posting that. Weather's been so shite last few days I was getting concerned. 

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

So the consensus at this point seems to be:

Next week: shite

week after: better

glastonbury week: uncertain

Hopefully by Wednesday/Thursday, we should have a clearer idea

That just about does it

37 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

So the consensus at this point seems to be:

Next week: shite

week after: better

glastonbury week: uncertain

Hopefully by Wednesday/Thursday, we should have a clearer idea

I think shite is a bit strong looking at this. Doesn't look like a lot of rainfall at all.

Screenshot_20190609-100857_Ecosia.jpg

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Trends for the last few years seem to have been reasonably picked out 2 weeks before. Big week next week from Wednesday on, all to play for. They sound worried over on Netweather though...

fhddky0zngumlfbe9osy

To be fair, one of those worriers is me, and I haven't got a f-ing clue.

It's part of my pre-Glastonbury ritual to get anxious about the weather. Stops me getting anxious about actual important things, in this case moving house in two weeks time....

Yep, my thoughts at the moment are almost exclusively:

"It's going to be a washout, shit"

"never mind, 2016 was tough but I had a ball"

etc, etc, etc until the 25 June.

With a little bit of "oh look, the sun's out" or "those clouds look ominous" and adding another pacamac to my pile.

50 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Trends for the last few years seem to have been reasonably picked out 2 weeks before. Big week next week from Wednesday on, all to play for. They sound worried over on Netweather though...

Those lot on the Netweather forum seem a cheery bunch. Best to stay away from them.

I think after 2016 the site managers will be prepared for all eventualities- it was pretty exceptional pre-festival rainfall and didn’t help that trackways were buried at Download mudfest the week before and site was so waterlogged. Also they use much more wood chippings and straw nowadays when it gets bad so the market areas aren’t too inaccessible. 

I am remaining optimistic having survived through some of the worst wet/muddy ones eg 97, 98, 05, 07 ( ugh), 11, 16 over the years. Even 2005 flooding it was sunny after the storm and dried up by Sunday and we were  back in trainers. 

Sunshine and the odd showers, or cloudy would be fine -  it’s the torrential downpour and persistent raining we don’t want!!