The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

Ventusky basically shows low pressure dominating for the next 2 weeks, changeable weather like the last few days.  Not enough rain to be an issue in the run up, but the lack of a warming trend means the nights might be chillier than some years.  Current trend suggests 2008 like conditions, largely overcast, some nice sunshine and the occasional shower.  I'm still very much in the "It's going to be fine" camp.  Pack a hoodie.

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

Looking at the rain radar the webcam might not make pretty viewing for the rest of the day put it that way...!

To be fair, judging by the webcam, the site seems to be dodging quite a lot of the heavy clouds that are going over. It is dark and bleak here in London, but the site seems to be getting the odd trickle of sunshine.  

53 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Smacks of 2016 this. 

Heres June 10th from the 2016 weather thread. Basically the same forecasts. Storms early to mid June etc. 

A very very worrying trend. Almost mirroring forecasts. 

I was about to jump in and say "but this year is different!  We've had one of the driest winters and the ground is rock solid!" until I read that the ground was also rock solid at the same time in '16.  Obviously the water table is a hell of a lot lower this time around but yeah, that thread is eerily similar in places.

All depends on how long the rain hangs around after the weekend. If there's a solid few days of dry weather before the festival (which both accuweather and metcheck are suggesting), we should be ok.  

It does feel like the odds are getting stacked against us though.  

That moment, when you are sat reading about the weather on your PC as the r@!n bounces down and suddenly remember that you left your van windows wide open this morning as it was such a glorious day.......

33 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

It's looking utterly miserable for Download this weekend ?

1574312361_Screenshot2019-06-10at13_17_49.thumb.png.0231936c79877b727d5cf2c92e4cd467.png

The Tuesday and Wednesday look horrible but the weather from Thursday - Sunday looks alright to me. Some rain. Some sun. I’d take that for Glastonbury weekend, it could be a lot worse.

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

The Tuesday and Wednesday look horrible but the weather from Thursday - Sunday looks alright to me. Some rain. Some sun. I’d take that for Glastonbury weekend, it could be a lot worse.

But every day is literally the same as the Tuesday and Wednesday.  And did you miss the black, not grey, but black clouds on Saturday night and all of Sunday with 90% chance of double-drop rain?

2 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

But every day is literally the same as the Tuesday and Wednesday.  And did you miss the black, not grey, but black clouds on Saturday night and all of Sunday with 90% chance of double-drop rain?

That's today's weather. 

Just now, JoBalls said:

A wet download means a dry Glastonbury...

But that is not forecasting rain for download (or a least not much!).  I am going to both and I am happy to take one for the team and have a wet download in favour of a nicer Glastonbury.  

13 minutes ago, Fork_UK said:

10 minutes ago, karaseen said:

That's today's weather. 

I genuinely thought I was going mental :lol: 

• Like 1