The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So did we mostly dodge a few bullets today or did the place get banjaxed?

Rain is overnight for Pilton it seems. Still, it's not going get anything link London and Lincolnshire have got.

It's been relentless in London since the early hours - and it's STILL GOING.

20 minutes ago, briddj said:

Rain is overnight for Pilton it seems. Still, it's not going get anything link London and Lincolnshire have got.

It's been relentless in London since the early hours - and it's STILL GOING.

I've not stuck my head out the door, but the sound of the high winds and rain here in the midlands have given me the fear today.  Howling it is, feckin' howling.

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Weather in cheddar then? 

The ground camembert current levels of rainfall. However, things should be looking much feta by the end of the week. A light bries from southern France should bring mild cheddar to Stilton (Pilton).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Irrelevant really in terms of Somerset, but I’ve been from the Peak District to the West of Scotland and back again today. Was 5C here when I left this morning, 20C in Ayr this lunch and honking it down, blowing a gale when I got home this evening. 

We've had a LOT of rain in the peak since Friday and it’s still not particularly damp underfoot, a bit like Somerset?

Suffice to say that I reckon the weather is a bit changeable at the mo.

3 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I dunno what’s going on elsewhere, but here in north Hampshire is getting fucking ruined. 

Utterly, UTTERLY shitting it down apocalyptically. 

I live a 1 hour 5 minute drive away from the east car parks. 

@deebeedoobeegimme good news from over there. 

Sixteen DAYS until we get there, lovely boy. 

Cool those jets. It’s all gonna be alright. 

:)

Ben x

16 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I dunno what’s going on elsewhere, but here in north Hampshire is getting fucking ruined. 

Utterly, UTTERLY shitting it down apocalyptically. 

I live a 1 hour 5 minute drive away from the east car parks. 

@deebeedoobeegimme good news from over there. 

It was like that all Friday night and Saturday day up in Newcastle to the point I was scared to drive my car. Then today it was back to bone dry and sunny.

Someone somewhere is just messing with us and it’ll be glorious in two weeks time. 

Absolutely hammering it down in Berkshire still as it has been all day. My front garden has actually started to flood which it never has before. The station car park was flooded when I got back to my car after work, some cars were up to their doors ?

Basically it’s rained a shit load today.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

1 hour ago, ICGenie said:

The people of Lancashire are laughing heartily at the prospect of those down south going mental over it “raining all day”.  I mean, just imagine ?

Days on end of it wasn't unusual when I was growing up near Crewe. Well I think so anyway - I was little at the time. Bit surprising here! Great bit of thunderstorm at the end.

Site would look lovely with a real lake reaching over to the Tor, not one made of car roofs