Lineup 2020

randlfan

What a goon. He’s killed his career with that. I’ll still listen to his music but that is indefensible. 

I’m unsure if they’ll boot him from the lineup but if they do, putting IDLES in his place would be perfect so we can have that run of IDLES > RTJ > Fever 333 > RATM 

Edited by Andre91

54 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Anyone know what provoked Slowthai to react like that? 

EDIT: just seen the full video 

Drugs & misogyny, could be the name of his next album.

In all seriousness I hope he finds a way to redeem himself but I've no idea how and don't condone his behaviour for one minute 

Haven’t seen the video, but I’ve read the article, to be fair to her Katherine Ryan acted well but I must agree, as I much as a I think he’ll be brilliant he really should be removed now, if only to give other people a chance

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

What a goon. He’s killed his career with that. I’ll still listen to his music but that is indefensible. 

I’m unsure if they’ll boot him from the lineup but if they do, putting IDLES in his place would be perfect so we can have that run of IDLES > RTJ > Fever 333 > RATM 

Actually saw him as a potential future headliner, fans of rap and rock both seemed to love him.

He's really messed up here and definitely can't see him coming back from this.

Having that run could be a very small silver lining though.

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I'd be surprised if he's dropped from the lineup. I don't think R&L will give a shit, as depressing as that is.

Sadly this is likely to be correct. They didn’t give a shit in 2018 with J Hus and I can’t see this being different. They’ll be thinking this will be old news by August 

Whilst what he did cannot and should not be defended, I don't think he should be dropped from the lineup, nor do I think R&L will. I also don't I think he should be 'cancelled'. 

He fucked up, made an arse of himself and has shown that he can be a prick. He can atone for this, however. Katherine Ryan's response is great and she is obviously able to forgive him for his stupid actions or at least seems like she will be able to in time, so other people who were not on the receiving end should be able to as well if they choose to do so. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Hoping idles don’t get upgraded to the main stage. Idles clashing with Rage means less dickheads in the crowd for Rage.

Explain this one mate. Have you seen AFGang on Facebook? Idles fan group? It’s the most wholesome emotional place ever. Literally the least toxic fan base I’ve come across in my entire life.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Some of the comments I've seen going around defending him on the basis of being drunk honestly worry me more than the actual incident. He has a tonne of young fans who seem to think that acting like that when you're drunk is okay. I can see him coming back from it but he has to take responsibility because the impression he's giving is harmful as fuck. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Some of the comments I've seen going around defending him on the basis of being drunk honestly worry me more than the actual incident. He has a tonne of young fans who seem to think that acting like that when you're drunk is okay. I can see him coming back from it but he has to take responsibility because the impression he's giving is harmful as fuck. 

This is probably him everytime hes drunk