Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

23 hours ago, Quark said:

Of course you'd think that. It's fun.  You hate fun. Why do you hate fun so much Nal?

Some of it is ok I spose. Not really my idea of fun. Leaves me cold. Most of it sounds like weak tea James Brown or Otis Redding and the like. Another one for drunk aunties at shit weddings and birthday parties. 

"Jazz" taking a bashing on here is an odd one though. 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Some of it is ok I spose. Not really my idea of fun. Leaves me cold. Most of it sounds like weak tea James Brown or Otis Redding and the like. Another one for drunk aunties at shit weddings and birthday parties. 

"Jazz" taking a bashing on here is an odd one though. 

I've just accepted that everything on here takes a bashing at some point.  It's either not cool, not yet cool, used to be cool, or cool but only in a post modern ironic way.

Basically it's like being in a hipster bar...holy shit are we hipsters?

download.jpg.831804634b26c40d18cb641312977cc8.jpg

49 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It's a genre I'm keen to get into, but was kicked out of my local newsagents for asking if he could recommend a good jazz mag.

Ey, 'ere's one for ya. Av rung in sick to work the other day, and me boss says "tell ya what might help; when I feel a bit under the weather I always find a bit of 'ow's ya father with me wife always see's me right. So maybe bear that in mind and give me a call in the afternoon". So av called him back later on an av said to him I said "I took yer advice, and yer absolutely right boss, I feel a lot better, just what I needed, you'll see me after lunch" and he's gone "that's grand that son I'm glad to hear it" and then I goes "by the way boss, I must say yer 'ouse is lovely". And... I don't know what you're laughing for ladies and gentlemen... Av lost me job from that. No idea why, just took the boss' advice.

3 hours ago, Comfy Bean said:

The Jimmy Cliff in Glasgow tonight ?

yup, will be there for this one, looking forward to it as he's a big name in reggae.  adds to The Wailers & UB40 for my reggae collection.  Getting there could be interesting with all the road closures going on.

Also be at GSS for Catfish on the 25th, now do i drive or drink (not doing both!!), think this could be quite a bouncy night.

ta, D

27 minutes ago, MinionDave said:

yup, will be there for this one, looking forward to it as he's a big name in reggae.  adds to The Wailers & UB40 for my reggae collection.  Getting there could be interesting with all the road closures going on.

Also be at GSS for Catfish on the 25th, now do i drive or drink (not doing both!!), think this could be quite a bouncy night.

ta, D

Drink, always :-)

Train down to hydro from central for us then nice stroll through the park. Weather looks to be clearing up.

Enjoy !

27 minutes ago, MinionDave said:

ta, D

Drink, always :-)

Train down to hydro from central for us then nice stroll through the park. Weather looks to be clearing up.

Enjoy !

Got Slaves tickets this morning so that's now 4 gigs I've got between now and December so things are looking better. Could've been 1 more but Mik Artistik is the same day as Slaves, as I've seen him 4 times in the last 12 months I'll sadly have to miss that one.

30 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Got Slaves tickets this morning so that's now 4 gigs I've got between now and December so things are looking better. Could've been 1 more but Mik Artistik is the same day as Slaves, as I've seen him 4 times in the last 12 months I'll sadly have to miss that one.

I didn't realise as I was  buying them, but I've ended up with Beautiful Days, Pilton Party, Magic Gang, Kylie(!), Rolling Blackouts CF, First Aid Kit and Chainska Brassika before Christmas, and getting sorely tempted by the Interrupters as well. Then Chvrches in Feb, and now got an eye on Dropkick Murphys in Apr as well.

I think I may have a problem...