Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Spring tour hopefully. They were off the chart good at EOTR. Got to meet Stu aswell.

I got an email today from Songkick (I believe) confirming King Gizzard are headlining Wide Awake 2024. apparently only those who bought Early Bird tix are getting told the headliner first so prob won’t be confirmed for a couple days

2 hours ago, Drinky said:

It is! From their 2004 set. Probably a few of us in there somewhere - good to see Wolves flag… not sure if it says anything about a likely return to Glastonbury

Might see me in there wondering why I'd left scissor sisters for this 😂

6 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

I got an email today from Songkick (I believe) confirming King Gizzard are headlining Wide Awake 2024. apparently only those who bought Early Bird tix are getting told the headliner first so prob won’t be confirmed for a couple days

Ah ok. Good to know they're in town so to speak.

The Vaccines, the indie rockers announce The Pick-Up Full of Pink Carnations UK Tour 2024,

Birmingham O2 Institute, 05 Feb
Manchester Academy, 06
Nottingham Rock City, 07
London Troxy, 10
Margate Dreamland, 11
Folkeston Leas Cliff Hall, 13
Southampton O2 Guildhall, 14
Bristol O2 Academy, 15
Oxford O2 Academy, 17
Brighton Dome, 18
Sheffield O2 Academy, 19
Leeds O2 Academy, 21
Glasgow Barrowland Ballroom, 22
Newcastle NX, 23

Just now, panda97 said:

Thats an 11,000 capacity arena right? or am I googling the wrong one, are they really big enough for that?

I saw them in July play an afternoon slot on the second stage at a tiny festival

They’re not big enough and they barely sell out the smaller venues they play here, but what with them being local lads they’ve probably just decided ‘f**k it’ and gave it a shot, maybe in the hope that their next album will give them a bit of a bump in success and it won’t seem like such a crazy idea come the time of the show. I imagine tickets will be cheaper than a usual arena show too to compensate.