Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

hopefully thats correct ...cant see any reason why its not 

Each to their own 🙂 - nice to be proven correct obviously, but I'm definitely in agreement with it being a slot that could be better filled.

5 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Each to their own 🙂 - nice to be proven correct obviously, but I'm definitely in agreement with it being a slot that could be better filled.

I mean i hope its correct in that the info is correct ....  matters not to me in terms of watching 

54 minutes ago, goonerben said:

I'm still not sure I believe that Royal Blood are as high as Pyramid sub on Friday - could they be third down, with SZA subbing?

Heard it from someone other than CF too. defo subbing

52 minutes ago, TiZuff said:

i love sza but i dont think shes on that level for glastonbury. i think she will take a slightly lower billing considering her label mate headlined the whole thing last year and he would have told her what its like / promoted it to her.

Shes certainly not 3rd or 4th down Other. If Wizkid, Foals, PSB etc can do it i don't see why SZA can't

I could kind of excuse Royal Blood if they had a new album out that had them making some kind of waves again, but as it stands they’re firmly in their Kendall Calling/Y Not headliner phase, aka the death knell of a bands momentum, so them subbing the Pyramid is so incredibly weak. Very much just seems like a favour from their mates AM, and yeah.. just a bit of a cheapy for the festival.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I could kind of excuse Royal Blood if they had a new album out that had them making some kind of waves again, but as it stands they’re firmly in their Kendall Calling/Y Not headliner phase, aka the death knell of a bands momentum, so them subbing the Pyramid is so incredibly weak. Very much just seems like a favour from their mates AM, and yeah.. just a bit of a cheapy for the festival.

Sam Fender who was originally 4th or 5th down also did them (albeit not on the death knell of momentum like RB)

says it all really.

not appalling but just a really boring booking. if it was someone exciting being push up i'd be more in favour but its white men band subbing a white men band

Tbf, there seems to be one cheaper sub each year, or at least one who everybody is questioning being a sub right up until we get official confirmation of it. Lorde was last years, and then Vampire Weekend, The National, Tame Impala, Paul Weller… 

At least we’ve got Lizzo and Lil Nas as our other two this year who will both absolutely be bringing the party and over the top theatrics. 

10 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

SZA must be guaranteed now. My guess is she'll be subbing one of the many men on the Pyramid. Would have been a perfect West Holts headliner. 

Sub spots all accounted for now

3 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Oh. Who's subbing Pyramid and Other? 

By my reckoning we have the following, still missing some subs on Other for Saturday and Sunday?

Pyramid

Friday - Royal Blood

Saturday - Lizzo

Sunday - Lil Nas X

Other

Friday - Fred Again

Saturday - ?

Sunday - ?

7 minutes ago, Colorblindjames said:

Oh. Who's subbing Pyramid and Other? 

Pyramid Subs - RB / Lizzo / Lil Nas X

Other headline - Wizkid / Lana / QOTSA

QOTSA was expected but could defo be swapped out for SZA. She's not gonna be in any smaller slot.

RB has been said by multiple people, the rest are also a lock with Lana and Lizzo officially confirmed (possibly others too?).

QOTSA slot only place for her now, not sure whats going on with that honestly so you never know.