Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Power Trip will be great for those who can afford it, but I'd pay good money to see the general reaction to "casual" GNR fans when Iron Maiden adamantly stick to their upcoming tour setlist and split down the middle between prog rock and Somewhere in Time.

Will be a terrific show, but one that might hit like a lead balloon.

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Can’t see anything else about this so guessing it’s not been officially announced yet but just popped up on my Instagram now: 

6AC2F121-7BA2-4054-BE8B-EDEBDA4777DE.jpeg

Ah interesting. Just checked the listing for their Brixton Academy gig and it's saying "rescheduled". Guessing it will be taking place this same week in August then.

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

Only idiots pay them prices 

Think about it though....this is the US we're talking about....if Ticketmaster had just AC/DC alone with 'dynamic pricing' a LOT of people would be paying around that just to see Angus strut his stuff.  Granted, we might still regard them as 'idiots' but I guarantee there'll be a lot of takers even at that.

On that basis £80 an act seems like a bargain.

10 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Think about it though....this is the US we're talking about....if Ticketmaster had just AC/DC alone with 'dynamic pricing' a LOT of people would be paying around that just to see Angus strut his stuff.  Granted, we might still regard them as 'idiots' but I guarantee there'll be a lot of takers even at that.

I suppose if you take it down to $200 dollars per night it doesn’t seem so bad. 

7 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Thats the math you have to do. Everyone gets a full set anyway.

was this the same argument that was had when Desert Trip announced? You would pay triple easily to see everyone on their own at even the lowest cost. And youll likely never see Ozzy or Ac/Dc again after this. And it might even be Sabbath.

52 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

No....cos Hyde is sh*t.

Stick it on at Pilton though and I'd be in.

But they couldnt fit a screen like this for everyone to see. Youre going to get amazing production value out of this thing too. Something the G does lack.

F114C15A-A13E-4FF1-98D8-12B831C9E692.jpeg

45 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

But they couldnt fit a screen like this for everyone to see. Youre going to get amazing production value out of this thing too. Something the G does lack.

The G doesn’t need to artificially install that background view because nature literally provides it. 

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

I think you're trying to suggest that we should be jealous of that.

But fucking hell that looks sterile.

11 minutes ago, incident said:

I think you're trying to suggest that we should be jealous of that.

But fucking hell that looks sterile.

No. But the thing is youll get your moneys worth. And it wont rain. But of course it needs to be some unorganized mess to have anything worth a damn apparently. Somebody isnt allowed to have a high production value and clean affair i guess

Mountains are actually behind the crowd, not the stage.

The borders are to separate the sections. But I mean when you gross $130 million off a 2 weekend event you can do whatever the hell you want.

Is this going to upset everyone more? The seats or the cost. Still selling out.

AA72F627-670E-4243-9572-56B9AAFA9A02.jpeg

1E7CE906-01FB-470F-8BE0-EB0C82232BE3.png

7 hours ago, Suprefan said:

No. But the thing is youll get your moneys worth. And it wont rain. But of course it needs to be some unorganized mess to have anything worth a damn apparently. Somebody isnt allowed to have a high production value and clean affair i guess

Mountains are actually behind the crowd, not the stage.

The borders are to separate the sections. But I mean when you gross $130 million off a 2 weekend event you can do whatever the hell you want.

Is this going to upset everyone more? The seats or the cost. Still selling out.

AA72F627-670E-4243-9572-56B9AAFA9A02.jpeg

1E7CE906-01FB-470F-8BE0-EB0C82232BE3.png

Doesn’t upset me, just proves people are even bigger idiots than I thought.

Btw, it’s so strange you try and justify it all like it’s your own.