Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

21 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I've noticed that Skindred have just posted a new tour, and have been putting #glastonbury on their latest tiktok videos

I could see them subbing for QOTSA if they are actually playing

No way they’re getting a slot that big but they could be a good option for the heavier acts they sometimes have on the Truth Stage in the SE Corner like Gojira did in ‘19. Would like to see some ‘big’ heavy bands back again after it wasn’t so much of a thing last year. 

2 hours ago, took181 said:

Ocean Alley, playing on the Tuesday at Bristol, and free on the Glasto weekend, absolutely stinks of a Glasto performance 

C514A4B6-3311-4E60-BAFB-A7247785D318.png

They’re not free on glasto weekend unfortunately. They’re in Germany on the Friday and in Amsterdam on the Sunday. They’ve only got Saturday free but it would mean they’d be playing four consecutive days in three different countries.

Edited by parkerpenguin
Typo

4 hours ago, took181 said:

Ocean Alley, playing on the Tuesday at Bristol, and free on the Glasto weekend, absolutely stinks of a Glasto performance 

C514A4B6-3311-4E60-BAFB-A7247785D318.png

Great spot. saw at sziget a few years back and were fab

1 hour ago, churlie100 said:

Regina Spektor doing two nights at Southbank Centre in July, finally touring the new album - https://www.southbankcentre.co.uk/whats-on/gigs/regina-spektor

Seriously considering dropping £70 on a Southbank Centre membership just to secure presale for this, been waiting a long time for her to finally tour again.

Why can I see this absolutely nowhere except this website? Particularly Twitter, there is not one mention which I find weird.

21 minutes ago, Jonny_Naylor said:

Why can I see this absolutely nowhere except this website? Particularly Twitter, there is not one mention which I find weird.

Probably just not announced yet. I got a notification from Seated that she'd added the dates as they pull directly from artist websites. I expect they'll be announced either this evening or tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, thatTFBguy said:

This seems wildly impractical unless you have like less than a third of your pint left. Anything more than half full and you're just gonna soak yourself. 

I have something like that and its most useful for keeping a hold of the cup once it's empty ready for the next pint. I hate those paper cups so this means I can decant into a reusable plastic pint pot.

To stay on topic, I am hopeful that the Chems will pop up somewhere this year but expecting a DJ slot not a full set.

20 minutes ago, coma girl said:

I have something like that and its most useful for keeping a hold of the cup once it's empty ready for the next pint. I hate those paper cups so this means I can decant into a reusable plastic pint pot.

To stay on topic, I am hopeful that the Chems will pop up somewhere this year but expecting a DJ slot not a full set.

After they missed their scheduled set last year I reckon they’ll be back to fulfil it, which I’m fully here for. 

11 hours ago, coma girl said:

Theres not really room for a live show and their album won’t be out yet.

they said no more dj sets for a while but happy to wish it into existence

13 hours ago, thatTFBguy said:

This seems wildly impractical unless you have like less than a third of your pint left. Anything more than half full and you're just gonna soak yourself. 

Had a look at their page and beyond being impractical, "Prevents Drink Spiking" is a dubious claim.