Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Vaccines playing a secret gig in MCR on Sept 20. Location unannounced obvs, but its the same day Yes opens so presumably it's that? Only place I've seen tix is Dice and its sold out but worth joining the waiting list. 

ALSO, Dice now has a bookmark feature which is an absolute DREAM 

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:28 AM, JSmurphy said:

fucked it baad not getting tickets to this

long shot, but anyone with a spare standing ticket for London hmu

The night before the Kentish Town gig they're supporting Wolf Alice at the Roundhouse as part of the Q Awards. Not on the poster so might be worth checking if there are any tickets left.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They must be a shoe-in for a surprise slot at Reading.

Would they go down well/pull a big crowd? I've heard talk of The 1975 doing a surprise slot which would make far more sense but even when Interpol supported AM at TRNSMT, I heard mostly negative things from AM fans (not that they represent the Reading crowd entirely).

Love Interpol and am trying to get tickets today however as this would be amazing

7 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Would they go down well/pull a big crowd? I've heard talk of The 1975 doing a surprise slot which would make far more sense but even when Interpol supported AM at TRNSMT, I heard mostly negative things from AM fans (not that they represent the Reading crowd entirely).

Love Interpol and am trying to get tickets today however as this would be amazing

Think they're still a pretty big deal, the TOTBL gigs sold extremely well, they have an album out the week of the festival and are in the area.

I'd be surprised if they didn't show up in some capacity.

9 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Think they're still a pretty big deal, the TOTBL gigs sold extremely well, they have an album out the week of the festival and are in the area.

I'd be surprised if they didn't show up in some capacity.

They’re a big deal with a certain crowd. TOTBL is older than certain artists on the Reading bill.

Yeah I couldn't even see an Interpol secret set at R&L made up of their biggest songs going down very well. A set that has a brand new album in mind would absolutely bomb.

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Do they still feature at indie discos these days?

Nah, not in Manchester anyway. Unless you go to a small, more niche night at Night & Day or something. 

Edited by Odessa

Not being one myself, I have no idea what hipsters listen to (I’m guessing artists with beards?), but an indie/hipster crossover night seems an odd combination to me. Not that there aren’t indie musicians with beards. 

From my experience indie music always had the ability to clear a dance floor (unless at a dedicated indie disco obvs), leaving those of us braving it at the mercy of the local ne’er-do-wells.