"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

The Gorillaz headline set years back really ruined them for me, and then the new album definitely hasn't helped. And in fact Albarns headline set at Latitude made me dislike him more. 

All in all I would be a tad disappointed but can't deny it would be a hell of a booking. 

Don't have time to wade through this entire thread, but are we sure now it is Gorillaz?  I actually liked the gig last time around; I must be about the only one that did. 

I wouldn't classify that as a really big secret though...

Just now, JoeyT said:

I'm sort of hoping that the festival don't announce who it is before the stage / times poster.

I just want a big fat TBC or SPECIAL GUESTS in whichever slot it may be so this whirlwind of rumour can continue for longer

:rofl:

I am fully on board with this. 

A proper massive suprise act on the pyramid that doesn't get leaked. 

(so long as it's not Gorillaz)

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

This thread can be compared to a balloon that's been inflated to nearly bursting point, let go off, then it's whizzed all around the room frantically bashing off walls and flying all over the place, before ultimately deflating and landing in a calm realisation that it's probably just Gorillaz.

We are approaching page 100. Maybe that's when we will find out?

I was the secret London show in march and they played the new album in full with Most of it being unheard and everyone had a blast. I think the 2010 slot was so long ago it's unfair to judge them based on that and if they are the secret, whilst I'm not too fussed as seeing them at their own festival, it'll be a fun set

7 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Despite my wishes, it's odd how this consensus appears to have evolved around Gorillaz. Arcade Fire seem just as likely to me, without the problem of loads of guests and a generally badly received headline performance.

I was thinking the same. There's some weird group psychology going on where a totally unfounded and unsupported consensus has been reached. I'm sure someone smarter than me can draw some conclusions about the human condition from all of this. ;)

Just now, John the Moth said:

I was thinking the same. There's some weird group psychology going on where a totally unfounded and unsupported consensus has been reached. I'm sure someone smarter than me can draw some conclusions about the human condition from all of this. ;)

I mean, I'd be over the moon (if it's not Friday night!), but we seem to be lacking actual evidence here.

9 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Despite my wishes, it's odd how this consensus appears to have evolved around Gorillaz. Arcade Fire seem just as likely to me, without the problem of loads of guests and a generally badly received headline performance.

I'm guessing that they'll have arrangements in place for tourdates that guests can't make e.g. some hired hand rapper to take the place of De La Soul, Del TFHS, etc.

7 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

At the minute there appears to be more consensus that it isn't them, with equally little evidence.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm guessing that they'll have arrangements in place for tourdates that guests can't make e.g. some hired hand rapper to take the place of De La Soul, Del TFHS, etc.

At the minute there appears to be more consensus that it isn't them, with equally little evidence.

Do we have to discuss the flying spaghetti monster?